Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to freeze a patch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulifra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: how to freeze a patch Reply with quote

How to freeze a patch with 1.3 ( i did not notice ever before )

Example
======
program patch user c106
karma GE tab
popup GE select screen
your ge is now pipe organ bachesque
press 0142 : stepping
press 0125 pipe organ bachesque
press cancel
press main tab

try to change you patch with the up or down key.

you patch is froozen, i hope not but in my situation yes. this is true for all my program banks.

also notice that suddenly the karma sounds is not like before when you started this example, despite nothing changed

someone can confirm this problem ?
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paulifra,

When I turned the Oasys on I couldn't reproduce it. But after playing some other programs and following your example the O freezes as soon as I pressed Karma Ge 0142 stepping. But after rebooting it didn’t freeze again by following your example….

But it happened to me before in the Ge select page and program/combi select page by changing to different ge’s and progs /combis

I replied in this thread: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28245&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Quote:
I have updated my Oasys to 1.3 and authorized the MOD-7 and the user A KGE ( what a beauty) at October the first. I updated from 1.2.3 and followed the instructions from the update manual and used method 2, i did not unplug the usb connections. The manual describes to do this when following method 1.

My Oasys freezes two times the last four days, but today already three times. In program mode and combination mode as well. Most of the time I am changing sounds in the program or combi select mode. Also in GE select mode changing Karma GE's. No midi connections, just the same as 1.2.3.

What should you recommend? Wait and play on and try to be more specific, or burn a new file and update and authorize the way Dan described in this post?

I am still trying to reproduce a freeze but I can't at the moment.....
Arend

Last edited by Arend Groot on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: how to freeze a patch Reply with quote

paulifra wrote:

also notice that suddenly the karma sounds is not like before when you started this example, despite nothing changed

Not sure if it's deliberate but the Cancel button causes you to lose any RTC settings you may have had, it doesn't really roll back to exactly where you had been previously. Similarly the Cancel button in the Program browser might also cause a loss of Tone Adjust settings. Not sure if either of these behaviours changed in OS 1.3.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: how to freeze a patch Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
paulifra wrote:

Not sure if it's deliberate but the Cancel button causes you to lose any RTC settings you may have had, it doesn't really roll back to exactly where you had been previously. Similarly the Cancel button in the Program browser might also cause a loss of Tone Adjust settings. Not sure if either of these behaviours changed in OS 1.3.

Daz.

Confirmed ... Cancel button in Program or GE browsers in Combi mode doesn't restore your previous Tone Adjust or GE module RTC settings.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: how to freeze a patch Reply with quote

paulifra wrote:

I just tried this and noted that the GE RTC params actually changed after the Cancel. For example Invert Phrase had been On and then was Off after cancelling from the GE browser. I think that what happens is that the GE is returned to it's default state rather than the saved state. It's not correct behaviour in my opinion and the similar problems that I described above in Combi mode have caused me problems on a number of occassions too. Save your work regularly in Combi or Program slots ... I've got into the habit of doing that due to these kinds of oddities.

I tried your example a few times and it didn't freeze on me. However I will try later on again after using the Oasys for a while. Thats when it generally happens.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. if you change the "Load GE Options" setting to Keep RTC Settings you don't get this behaviour when canceling from the GE browser. So there is a workaround, well kinda, because that changes the way that other things work elsewhere.
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - and what does that mean? If possible don't use the Cancel Buttton?!? Rolling Eyes
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
So - and what does that mean? If possible don't use the Cancel Buttton?!? Rolling Eyes

Personally, when working in Combi mode I always save the Combi prior to using the Program or GE browsers, so that I can restore my RTC or TA settings correctly by just recalling the Combi. This is a good practice, not only for that reason, but also because invoking those dialogs has been the cause of freezes for me on occasion.

In other words ... no, don't use that Cancel button.

Daz.

Last edited by Daz on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: how to freeze a patch Reply with quote

paulifra wrote:
How to freeze a patch with 1.3 ( i did not notice ever before )

Example
======
program patch user c106
karma GE tab
popup GE select screen
your ge is now pipe organ bachesque
press 0142 : stepping
press 0125 pipe organ bachesque
press cancel
press main tab

try to change you patch with the up or down key.

you patch is froozen, i hope not but in my situation yes. this is true for all my program banks.

someone can confirm this problem ?

I've tried this exactly in the same way. I've not sure what you mean with "patch". If you are talking about programs, you're right that up and down keys don't change anything once you come back to the main screen. But it doesn't appear as frozen to me. It's just that the program name is not selected (reverse video). If you select it ant then use the up or down keys it worked properly....not frozen at all.

Is that what you're talking about? Please let me know so I can try to reproduce in abetter way what you found!

Best regards.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
sebbytriton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.3.3 will be the good as the last update.
I don't understand why ............. each OASYS Major update needs 2 or 3 minor to have non hang on ????

This let understand the product is not mature enough after 2 years and a half ............
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW ... the behaviours I am talking about were not introduced by 1.3, they've always been there.
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experience most of my freezes while using the combi or program-browser (see other thread here). If there is a connection to the cancel-button - ok, not great, but I'm happy to know it now so that I can avoid it. Confused
(And like Daz writes: I'm still running 1.2.3 - so it has nothing to do with the current update ...)
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Personally, when working in Combi mode I always save the Combi prior to using the Program or GE browsers, so that I can restore my RTC or TA settings correctly by just recalling the Combi. This is a good practice, not only for that reason, but also because invoking those dialogs has been the cause of freezes for me on occasion.

In other words ... no, don't use that Cancel button.

Daz.

Good call, Daz. A practice that I highly recommend.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arend Groot wrote:

I updated from 1.2.3 and followed the instructions from the update manual and used method 2, i did not unplug the usb connections. The manual describes to do this only when following method 1.

Can anyone from Korg confirm if I did it the right way or should I have unplugged the USB devices? thanks Arend
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALWAYS unplug any USB devices before updating.

OK?

Regards,

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: