Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about legacy collection on the M-3??????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina bro, you are right, you make a good point also but the world changes,
day by day, the KLC you have in there i have it on my COMP and i am 100%
sure its better then on the OASYS, why?
I can open 100 instances if i wanted to, there is no need to give other facts.
The AN-1 borad? Would you really compare that to some soft MODULATIONS?
Not even close.
TRACKS? That can be only funny if you compare.
FX? It might be even funnier.
Seqcuencer? Lets not waste words.
My point is:
The OASYS is a great machine but it is far away from being ALL IN ONE or
from comparing it to a nice DAW, SOUND and WORKFLOW.
This cant be just personal TASTE...i dont think it can, those are certain FACTS.
It cant be a personal TASTE something thats harder and harsher and slower.
Sound is a different thing, sound can be a personal TASTE but sometimes
we push our taste to no limits where the become funny.
Why do you say its the best sounding? Based on what? How?
Lets take KLC for example, on the comp and on OASYS, you think it will
sound better on any of those 2 machines when its exactly the same thing?
Would it? Yes, there is a slight chance to sound better on the computer
due to better FX in the DAW but nothing else.
ROM? How can it sound better? Its just static samples, which their sound
quality is based on SIZE and only on SIZE nothing else...i dont think you
can compare 1.5 GB with 1.5 TB, if you do that then you must be crazy.
What ELSE? CX-3? Have you ever heard any of the ORGAN MOULATIONS
on a COMP lately? Dont think so. But i would still buy it, i like it, i like
certain features and another thing is me being a synth freak, not cuz i love
it and now contradicting my self. I never said OASYS is not good, is just
not what you wanted to be. It sounds like:
Every FAT woman says ... LOOKS DONT MATTER...cuz she dont have it
and she knows looks matter.
Every POOR person says ...MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING...cuz he dont have it
and he knows that money is ALMOST everything.
It is just BRAINs work.
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tyronediggs



Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: What about legacy collection on the M-3?????? Reply with quote

[quote="Sina172"]
ericlevinson wrote:
Hiiiiiii!!!
OASYS! GET OVER IT! THERE"S A HUUUUUGE *****REASON***** FOR ITS PRICE TAG!!!!!
. [/size] Rolling Eyes


I don't want to misquote you or anything, but REASON 4 (in particular Thor), which costs about 1/20th the price of a OASYS absolutely destroys it (when rewired to Logic), and when used with combinators, it can do things the OASYS can only dream of doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy...Yes Tyrone, tell him, especially Fruity Loops...ahahahaha... Very Happy
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tyronediggs



Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What about legacy collection on the M-3?????? Reply with quote

tyronediggs wrote:
Sina172 wrote:
ericlevinson wrote:
Hiiiiiii!!!
OASYS! GET OVER IT! THERE"S A HUUUUUGE *****REASON***** FOR ITS PRICE TAG!!!!!
. [/size] Rolling Eyes


I don't want to misquote you or anything, but REASON 4 (in particular Thor), which costs about 1/20th the price of a OASYS absolutely destroys it (when rewired to Logic), and when used with combinators, it can do things the OASYS can only dream of doing.


I don't want to misquote you or anything, but REASON 4 (in particular Thor), which costs about 1/20th the price of a OASYS absolutely destroys it (when rewired to Logic), and when used with combinators, it can do things the OASYS can only dream of doing.


For the record, unless you are a live performer - there is no point in having any keyboards nowadays. Its really got to the point where they are pointless for everything else. In the past month I sold most of my hardware stuff, and used that money to buy a new Macbook Pro, Apogee Duet, Logic 8, and I feel 100 times more productive, especially when I am traveling.

I recently spoke to the guy who did 90% of the instrumentation, arrangements and mixing on the new Kanye album called Graduation (which is now platinum) and that album uses 100% softsynths and was totally done within Pro Tools HD and Logic.


Last edited by tyronediggs on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell is Kanye?
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, i just read about him on the NET but i thought we were talking
about MUSIC...didnt know, sorry.
Now i am on Sina's side too, i wasnt before.
Yeah, Fruity Loops and DREX would do Kanye... Very Happy
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tyronediggs



Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
Very Happy...Yes Tyrone, tell him, especially Fruity Loops...ahahahaha... Very Happy


Hey I use a Mac OSX , but there nothing wrong with Fruity Loops, you can still make hits on it - the sound quality is the same as Pro Tools HD if you use the right converters...

Another thing.....how do you actually get anything done with so much equipment? Right now all I am working with Reason 4 and Logic 8 - thats about 50 gigs of sounds, and its taking me forever to go through and pick which sounds I want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get anything done with so much equpiement cuz i do MUSIC,
not Beats and funny things. Sometimes i use 10 HARD synths
and another 5 soft in one song. Soft synths are nice but i dont
think they can get anywhere in a 50 000 mile range close to
ceartain HARD synths...but for the hell to agree with you, yes,
soft synths beat the CR@P out of HARDs.
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tyronediggs



Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
Who the hell is Kanye?


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Walks away from the forum)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tyronediggs



Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
I get anything done with so much equpiement cuz i do MUSIC,
not Beats and funny things..


(walks back in for one final comment)

Yeah whatever, you can say all you want about hip-hop being just loops, beats and samples etc...but I make like $10-15k for every 30 minutes it takes to make one of those "beat and funny things," (plus publishing proceeds and royalties)

I don't give a f*** what other people say: check the billboard top 100 - numbers don't lie. At the end of the day, hip-hop is where the money is at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said, i make MUSIC and i am a MUSICIAN, not a THIEF.
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rfoshaug
Senior Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 290
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What about legacy collection on the M-3?????? Reply with quote

tyronediggs wrote:
For the record, unless you are a live performer - there is no point in having any keyboards nowadays. Its really got to the point where they are pointless for everything else.


Well, different people make and play different music in different ways.

For some people, having a powerful computer-based sequencer and softsynths with lots of looping and editing options makes it easier and quicker to create high-quality music.

For others, those same tools can be a distraction. Playing an actual hardware keyboard in a dark, quiet room with no computers or other gear than just one or several hardware keyboard synthesizers, can actually be the quickest way of creating music.

Still others may prefer a mix of the two, or in some combination with acoustic instruments etc.

Why? Because creating music is about more than just punching in the notes and MIDI events into a sequencer and then having some sound creating device play them.

I'm not saying that hardware is better than software when it comes to synths and sequencers. What I am saying is that different solutions work for different people.





Let me take another example. Let's say person A creates music for piano.

Person B says: "Hey, A, bro, dude, why are you using an OLD acoustic piano when digital pianos and synthesizers have SOOOOOO many more functions and actually sound WAAAAY BETTER bro dude etc etc etc."... Laughing

Person A replies: "Because I like this old piano. First of all, the sound may not have technically as good specifications as a digital piano, but I personally like the sound it makes. Also, it has that special something that lets me create better music on it compared to a digital synthesizer. I don't know why or what it is, but this old piano inspires me".




For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_inspiration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity

Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drama1
Platinum Member


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 569

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyronediggs wrote:
Nedim wrote:
I get anything done with so much equpiement cuz i do MUSIC,
not Beats and funny things..


(walks back in for one final comment)

Yeah whatever, you can say all you want about hip-hop being just loops, beats and samples etc...but I make like $10-15k for every 30 minutes it takes to make one of those "beat and funny things," (plus publishing proceeds and royalties)

I don't give a f*** what other people say: check the billboard top 100 - numbers don't lie. At the end of the day, hip-hop is where the money is at.


So true, but yet sooooo sooooo sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6501
Location: NYC, USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha Drama, if i understand it correctly you DA man... Very Happy
_________________
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL.
2 850 PRO 256GB SSDs. 1 850 EVO 1TB SSD. Acustica: Nebula Server 3 Ultimate, Murano, Magenta 3, Navy, Titanium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group