Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about legacy collection on the M-3??????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, this one here:

http://www.speedyshare.com/964284483.html

is Fruity Loops and a lil of Reason and Kontakt 2 to it...
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedime, sta ti mislis sta ovi sad misle koji je to bog kaku ovaj to muziku svira? Jel ima dje na netu lupovi od toga? dje se da kupt? posto cepa?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mogu ja naci grcke loops onako uzivo bubnjeve svirane a darbuke imam
svoje neke sto sam radio. A sto se tice ovija, otkud ovi znaju muziku.
synthdogg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrike wrote:

Synthdogg, naturally computers live AREN'T used just to play back tracks.
You can use computers for softsynths and sample libraries live, but without hardsynth's sounds there is no way that could work fine.

There is no way in live playing softsynth could emulate every thing hard one can do. And what if that softsynth freezes in the middle of some virtuos piece? What then?

Guys...bear with me, I've been burning the candle at both ends these past couple of weeks finishing a score, and the lack of sleep is making me grumpy...so naturally I'm overreacting to a message board.

More and more musicians every day are dumping hardware synths for soft synths. Not just in the studio, I'm talking live......and I'm not talking about DJs triggering a couple of samples. I'm talking about Herbie Hancock traveling with a laptop and a controller (does he meet your criteria for a "real musician"?)

Honestly, I haven't gone 100% yet, but I'm pretty close. This past year I sold ALL my ROMpler hardware. It's gone! Live these days, it's a controller, a laptop, and an M3.....and I'm using the M3 less and less. I still have the real stuff at home in the studio, the B3/rhodes/analogs, etc....but it's moving quickly towards being a full softsynth setup live.

So that, and my overtired state, get me to react when I read:
"Softsynths are good for studio mastering and stuff like that, but for live playing they are no match for hard synth,
musicians who tend to work with PC only loose their playing skill and that's inevitable."
"when you take PC on stage, get all the software working and pres "PLAY" it is actually playing live." (note the sarcasm)

performer cannot play without hard synth"

It helps a little bit when I read this:

"You can use computers for softsynths and sample libraries live, but without hardsynth's sounds there is no way that could work fine.

There is no way in live playing softsynth could emulate every thing hard one can do"

....because after reading that, I understand that you just don't know any better. It really seems like you don't know what a laptop is capable of in a live setting.

If you simply look at the products that have been coming out this past year or two, Muse Receptor, NEKO, Native Instruments Kore, and now Main Stage with Logic 8, lots of companies are starting to cater to the softsynth musician! Most of the touring professionals in my community are using softsynths HEAVILY, if not 100%. I don't expect it to be very long before most of us are using software only on gigs.

....and none of that is to say that there's ANYTHING remotely wrong with using hardware live. Hardware's great, I'm not anti hardware at all. I just hate hearing people tell me that I can't do something, or I'm somehow less of a musician because of my gear? Please!

Which brings me to my other pet peeve. Everyone has their own taste, that's cool...but I do have a pet peeve about someone saying someone elses taste is not valid (Hip Hop isn't REAL music....Hip Hop can't be played by musicians!) I mean, it's a free internet..you can say what you want, I just disagree. I've had the good fortune to work with some of these musicians...and some of these guys are SLAMMIN'. I recently worked with the drummer for Black Eyed Peas, and I thought he was quite brilliant.

Believe it or not, there are Hip Hop acts that use live musicians (live & in the studio), and many of these guys are brilliant players. Think about it, just because a drummer programs beats on Monday doesn't mean he's not out playing a jazz gig on Tuesday.

Sorry for the rant, guys...I've been ambushed by a bunch of music snobbery this past week (not here...) and I guess it hit me harder than I thought. I'm done....no more rant. Thanks for your patience!

Wasn't this thread about the Legacy collection or something?
Very Happy
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wasn't this thread about the Legacy collection or something?

No, what Legacy collection? Very Happy

Well, same as always, no one will give up and say the other one is right so I'll declare a winner here and it's us, hard synth players. Very Happy
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ti si opet poceo jeli, jebote ccccccccc......
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ne bi ja nikad, matere mi.
Ma zavrsio pricu, da se zna.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: