Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very New M3 & Tech User Needs Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Very New M3 & Tech User Needs Help Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am a late in life starter on the whole tech/computer music. I use finale 2008 for composition & arranging and have just bought a Korg M3.

Can anyone help me with setting up Finale & the M3. I can get sounds in finale playback (through the M3) in combi mode but voices are mixed up.

If I go to seq mode only one voice comes through.

Also I cant get all the voices to show in finale.

Sorry if I sound like a complete idio but I am trying to step into this new age of music production:)
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know a little about Finale, but here goes:

1) If you want to be able to play up to 16 M3 sounds at the same time you need to put the M3 in Sequencer mode. Also, each M3 Sequencer Track would need to be set to a different midi channel (e.g. Track 1 to Midi Channel 1, Track 2 to Midi Channel 1, ... Track 16 to Midi channel 16).

2) There would be two options for using the M3 as a sound generator. The best would be to use the "regular" M3 sounds (the non-GM programs), and the second would be to set the M3 to use GM sounds.

3) You will probably have to create a Custom Finale "Instrument List" (or Instrument Defintions) [this is a little confusing to me]

To do this, you will probably also need to set the M3's "Bank Map" setting correctly, and use the associated cc0 (Bank Select 0) and cc32 (Bank Select 32) values to enable Finale to send the correct messages to switch the M3 to the appropriate programs. Alternatively, you could just manually set the programs in the m3 in Sequencer Mode then make sure Finale was sending data to the correct midi channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: