Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be a 1.3.X soon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Will there be a 1.3.X soon? Reply with quote

Hi!

I have downloaded all the necessary stuff for 1.3 and bought the Mod7-code. But due to an important recording session I did not want to install it prior to it.

Now the work has been done and I wonder wether I should install 1.3 or just wait for an update of the update. You kind of get used to this. I never install the first update of an often used software on a PC. Instead I wait for the second minor update that fixes most of the bugs discovered in the "public beta testing". Wink

Does anyone know if another update is soon going to be released? Or will it be 1.3 for the next 12 months? Confused

PS: my major concern are freezes and some problems reported in the Karma forum concerning audio-recording. I'm not in desperat need for DX-sounds right now - Oasys 1.2.3 offers enough stuff for the kind of music I'm making. But of course I'd like to have the new stuff too (well, I've bought it already anyway Embarassed).
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Will there be a 1.3.X soon? Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
I'm not in desperat need for DX-sounds right now

Just to make one point clear, DX import is one feature of MOD-7.

peter
MrT-Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that people who have had issues with the update are more likely to post about it than people who didn't. So I don't know if the problems affect 5% or 50% of users, but by reading the messages on the board you'd get the impression that it's almost 100%, and it's not...
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep that in mind. And this forum hosts a thread about the positiv installations, too. Wink

I believe, its not such a big issue to install 1.3 properly. But the longer one reads here, the more strange things appear (latest is the touch-screen issue). Right now I feel a little bit like an idiot: having downloaded everything, the installation cd is ready, the code is bought - and I find it hard to believe, that such a basic problem as "I have to touch the screen 1 cm beside the actual button" passed through Korgs Beta-testing without being noticed. But if you depend completely on your Oasys (no other systems used right now) you don't want to increase the possibilities of freezes, strangely behaving audio tracks and touchscreens. Rolling Eyes

So it would be nice, if someone from Korg makes a little statement about further bugfixing updates. Neutral

@Peter: I was referring to the character of the sounds and not to the DX-import-option. What I've heard so far - esp. on your blog Wink - seems quite DXish to me. Well, I like this sound, too - but I wouldn't sacrifice a more or less stable system for them.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad that most people seem to be enjoying working with 1.3 and the MOD-7, and that in general people seem to have had success with 1.3. I'm also very sorry that a few people have had difficulties. We are paying close attention to the feedback in these forums, and are working to identify and fix the problems that have been reported. That's all that I can tell you at this time.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan - I appreciate that Korg is paying attention Very Happy and I understand that right now you cannot tell any more Confused

Well, seems like there won't be any updates within the next weeks. Guess I'll give it a try. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: