Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPU upgraded
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CPU upgraded Reply with quote

tonybanks wrote:
Is it true that the CPU has been upgraded from the original 2.8 GHz to a 3.0 Ghz of the current production?
(I've been told from the local music instr store personnel)

If this is true, then no-one at Korg R&D knows anything about it. Smile

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Andy Leary
Korg Research and Development

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

That's a better way to put it. They don't tell us everything, but we haven't heard about this. Eh, we're just the engineers anyways...

Also, I guess I don't know for sure since I haven't peeked inside the case of Mike's Oasys, but I'm *quite sure* he's pulling someone's leg. Quad core oasys would rock!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure these people have some kind of "Music Tech Dealers Almanac" that contains these predictions Wink
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes found the entry :

Quote:

October 11th

This day in history
This was a landmark day in 1987. A salesman in a local dealer was the first to convince a customer to buy a MIDI cable at 5 times the price expected by suggesting "look, it has 5 pins in there and 5 wires too". Learn from this lesson.

Advice
Today is a good day for making up stories about hardware upgrades and also for losing the proper box for products.

If your birthday is today
Celebrate by telling a regular customer that the product they bought last week has been discontinued.

Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Leary wrote:
I haven't peeked inside the case of Mike's Oasys, but I'm *quite sure* he's pulling someone's leg. Quad core oasys would rock!

I was hoping the others would take it like Andy did. I didn't mean to get your hopes up, Kevin. I'm sorry!! Embarassed Yes, I was joking. I do have a very powerful dual Xeon computer, but I have not tried any instruments on it.

If I had a quad core in the OASYS, I could probably heat my house in winter, though my 2 biggest computers do a pretty good job at that.
bctines

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz said...
Quote:
I am sure these people have some kind of "Music Tech Dealers Almanac" that contains these predictions

Applause
Yes...one must remember before a serious OASYS session to don the bib overalls, John Deere hat, and check the squirrels and caterpillars BEFORE turning on the sequencer.
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bctines wrote:
Daz said...
Quote:
I am sure these people have some kind of "Music Tech Dealers Almanac" that contains these predictions

Applause
Yes...one must remember before a serious OASYS session to don the bib overalls, John Deere hat, and check the squirrels and caterpillars BEFORE turning on the sequencer.

Laughing
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it might be all jokes now but that doesnt mean that Korg Inc and Korg USA dont have prototypes of Oasys with Quad Processors sitting in thier R&D establishments loaded with the Oasys OS Linux kernal running 500 note polyphony, 32 program Combi's - Karma v3, new sequencer built from ground up etc etc.

Maybe they will do what Roland did with the V-synth - add GT to the end of the word Oasys-GT - you get two Oasyseesesesses in one lol hahaha
Ready for release 2010?? By then Kurzweil will release thier K2600 replacement and its going to be big 'war' time between Korg and Kurz. Surely Yamaha have exhausted their Motif line of synths, Roland wouldnt dare come out with another Fantom?? Its going to be interesting times ahead. One of the above four will be getting my cash for a new synth - i like the idea of an Oasys-GT though Cool

I can see them all now at NAMM - Korg Kurzweil Yamaha Roland - who will take the Grand Synth of the Millenium Prize for 2010 lol

Only having fun guys lol
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland has some nice tools that would make sense to be put together in one machine, let's name it a workstation. But their pilosophy is not to support one instrument for a longer period and that is the reason why they lost me as a loyal user and makes me sceptical in purchasing an instrument like OASYS from them.

Which tools do I mean for example? V-Synth technology is obvious and a must, together with the Vocoder. Sample import should not be a problem. Their S-7xO samplers were great in making good sounds, especially when you transposed sounds into the lower range. If you ever tried that and compared it to others then you will know what I mean.

But what I really do not understand is why for example they do not add their V-Drum Technology to some of their instruments. It would make the MV8k a killer machine if you do have access to these kind of sounds as well... beside 80ies sampling technology. I know, like with KORG's wavedrum, the controller - in Roland's case the pads and cymbals - play an important role on the sound. But anyway, I am sure that with all these controllers one has access to, you can get some amazing synthetic and new percussion/drum sounds.

... and now back to MOD-7 Laughing

peter
bctines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the tea leaves are coming into focus. I see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: