Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you remove plastic endcap to fix damaged pitchbender?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
earphil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: How do you remove plastic endcap to fix damaged pitchbender? Reply with quote

Greetings to the forum-my first post. My Triton Extreme 61 sustained damage while IN the case(Gator-not recommended-separate post). The bottom-left front corner has some cracked and splintering plastic but its cosmetic and I can live with it for now.
The bigger problem is that the pitchbend lever was displaced (towards the ribbon) and side to side motion is stiff and sticks where you last bend it. I removed 5 obvious screws but saw no easy way to remove the left plastic endcap (especially if I have a gig in 2 hrs). Does anyone have any disassembling experience with this board? I'm hoping if I can get in there I can unbend whatever was stressed and free up the mechanism. Anyone have any ideas or similar experience? Thanks, Phil
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Extreme is 1 large plastic case. Maybe its dark where you perform but there is no 'crease' connecting the ' endcap ' to the body.

All 1 piece, dude, time for Korg service
tomleitch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the exact same thing happened to mine.

Its an easy-ish fix.

What you need to do (well how i fixed mine) is to remove the whole of the back cover, then you should be able to unscrew the two mounting screws on the joystick, disconnect the wires and take it out.

You will probably find that it has become removed from one of its mountings - have a look it should just click back into place. You will be able to feel straight away if it is fixed.

Then put back together and hey presto!

(When i did mine i was taking the main & moss boards out too but if i remember correctly you don't need to do this to get at the joystick)
sam metal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to snap a key back into place and there were about 6000 screws on the back to take off first. Past that it was okay, but I don't know about those end caps sliding off - they seem pretty solid.

FYI: Don't unscrew the screws holding in the L/R 1 2 3 4 inputs - that board will fall "into" the Triton and is hell to get back into place, almost impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: