Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa vs Roland G70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafdana75

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa vs Roland G70 Reply with quote

Guys / Gals

I need your help in making my final decision about buying my next arranger. Specificaly I need to know if in any of the Korg Pa arrangers I could find the following funcionality found in Roland G70:

- Cover song - this is a very fast way to reorchestrate styles and midi files with the ability to write it into SMF file. (only recognized by Roland G70).
- Make up tools - easy way to change style and midi track parameters such patch, pan etc.
- Style Converter - function that allows midi file to style conversion.

I find these very useful tools, however I also find Korg to be a little more fresh in style department.

I'm sure there are workaround but dedicated functions and good OS maybe a deal maker/braker.

Thanks,
Rafael
pauli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafael,
I suggest to go to your favorite music dealership and play both of these keyboards for yourself.....then "you" and only you can determine which one is the one for you.No one else can make that decision for you.
Remember...."one mans ceiling is another mans floor" so enjoy whatever you choose.

Peace,
Pauli
rafdana75

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response pauli, I did play Roland G70 for while having it rented out. A friend of mine recommended Korg Pa and this is how it started.
Now, I usually take a midi file and change patches and pan settings. What I want to know is if there are some user/factory defined orchestration templates (something that is called COVER in G70) in Pa800 or Pa1X that allows real quick song character change, and can be written to SMF without doing Program Change. Having templates for Rock and Blues etc saves me a lot of time. Same applies to styles. On the G70 you can play waltz with factory preset and one click away is Rock Band orchstration. I find it very useful and quick and wonder if I could mimic this somehow on Pa800 or Pa1x?
Other thing is being able to conver MIDI file to style and play songs as styles. Again I found STYLE CONVERTER very handy in G70 and I bet something like this you can find in Pa's. I don't want to toss money around renting gear so I though I would ask the korg users.
Thanks again,
Rafael
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dana, you have the last 2 functions but not the first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: