Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Million Dollar Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Million Dollar Question Reply with quote

Can anyone out there burn a chip of my prgm,comb,samples,etc. so that I don't have to reload my samples after I power down; kind of like replacing the internal memory ROM with a permanent internal. Or is there a way around doing this so the samples stay in everytime you power down? Some of the guys out there have heard of some pretty crazy things out there that musicians are figuring out how to do.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Monte.

No, you can't do that with Extreme.

How can i get my million now?

You are doomed to load .ksc each time you turn on your keyboard, but I don't see it as much hard as you do. You turn on, press load, stretch your fingers few times to warm yourself up and when you are done, samples are loaded. Nice handy time.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... actually you can.

There's two people on this forum who know how to burn EXB-PCM chips, but they are not telling anyone how it's done. Rolling Eyes

Regards.
Sharp.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's two people on this forum who know how to burn EXB-PCM chips, but they are not telling anyone how it's done.

Regards, Sharp.

With this EXB-PCM chips burning - they program them somehow so they act like ROM and samples are written internally? No need to load them what so ever?

What are possibilities, memory capacity, amount of samples loadable to those chips and Extreme's capabilities of recognizing them? It seems impossible too me for Extreme's engine to recognize that.

And who those two people are and are they charging something for this kind of customization, I understand why they don't want to tell anyone how it's done only if they earn money of it.

If you know all this, but are obligated to them not to tell me, I understand that too, so just let me know it's a secret, if it isn't too much trouble.

shrike
davc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i autoload a sound set from a usb stick into my S90es for use with my plg cards ... it only takes a few seconds .... i just turn that power section on first to give it a head start ...

it's ready to go when i am ....

never tried to AutoLoad anything into extreme ..??
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because there is no autoload option on Extreme?

And obviously those informations about those magicians that burn chips are confidential so no autoload in the future too, at least not on Extreme.

Bah, who needs it anyway... Very Happy
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shrike.

Quote:
With this EXB-PCM chips burning - they program them somehow so they act like ROM and samples are written internally?

They use EP-ROM and once they are Flashed, they behave just like normal EXB-PCM chips.

Quote:
No need to load them what so ever?

Nope.

Quote:
What are possibilities, memory capacity, amount of samples loadable to those chips and Extreme's capabilities of recognizing them?

Probably 32MB per SIMM Slot as thats the limit of te Triton.

Quote:
And who those two people are and are they charging something for this kind of customization,

wittid is one. It's also seems to be in some way associated with some guys selling a Chips for the Pa1X. Do a search on the forum for "Golden Entertainer"

As for the other person, he's way further along and can produce the chips for a fraction of the price. I'm not allowed to mention his name though. At this stage though, there is no point in developing any Chips for the Triton Series. It's too old. You need to sell a lot of them to get the prices way down as the EP-ROM is best bought in bulk.

That's all I can say. If I had the means, I would have sold these chips and a reader/writer kit myself years ago.

Regards.
Sharp.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Sharp, very kind of you.

I know who wittid is, I read almost every section but am active only at few, so I know what does he do with "G. Entertainer".

I was afraid you would say something related to fact that Triton is old and getting those chips would be a big trouble.

But still, thanks for the info, at least now I know it can be done, but am a little late.

Time for loading samples isn't issue for me (when I set my boards it loads until I begin to play and I don't turn it off until the end), but when you mentioned it can be done, that intrigued me.

Thanks again.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do it now, it would cost you around 500 Euro for 32MB Smile

Regards.
Sharp.
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Million Dollar Question Reply with quote

Sorry guys for opening such a can of worms, but I'm like the guy who mounted his Korg keyboard inside of an upright piano, if it can be thought, then let it be done. The guys in my band can't believe that the sounds I'm getting from this keyboard(Triton Extreme) sound so unbelievably real but at the same time they don't understand the concept that such a high end piece of equipment can't hold those KSC files permantely after a load. It's hard for drummers and guitar players to picture this in their minds. Thanks for all the info from all of you. I do appreciate all that you have given.
Let me ponder on the next idea,
Monte
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To do it now, it would cost you around 500 Euro for 32MB

and I need 96 MB so it would cost me 1500 Euro. With basic math I calculate that I have 1500 reasons to load samples as did so far.

Thanks for that small, but extremely important detail.

Regards, shrike
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Million Dollar Question Reply with quote

It would be cool if we could put our minds together and figure this one out. I'm also a guitar player and I feed my guitar through my keyboard. The only way that will work is through sample. So I also have to program INFX and Valve Force to get my guitar processor (Line 6) to play. So that adds another 5 minutes of setup. My point is in a power down during live performance it can be quite embarrassing. We're too crowded on stage so its better to do without another amp on stage. When I worked for ADT we used to burn EPROM chips for the security panels on a regular basis. If one of us understands this process and how it works on this keyboard then why not explain the process to help better the realm of us who understand the process? Come on, whoever you are, can't you help better your fellow musician through this forum and explain this process?
No, now seriously, I wouldn't want to damage anything electronically inside the keyboard, but unless the chip was installed incorrectly, and now days an EPROM can only be installed one way, that can't really hurt the keyboard now can it?
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Come on, whoever you are, can't you help better your fellow musician through this forum and explain this process?

Highly doubt that is gone happen, Monte.
Those who can do it, do it for money. If we all know how to do it, nobody gets money.
Same thing with great samples, for example.
If I spent few months creating samples from acoustic instruments, I'm gonna sell them, not just give them.

I don't think we'll ever get some pointers how to make those chips on our own.

Regards.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would there be another way maybe?

If the ram had a permanent power source then the volatility would not be an issue, similar to the application of a BIOS battery in a PC... I'm sure that while the RAM is sat doing nothing with the triton turned off then it wouldn't be too power hungry, and when the triton is powered on it could switch to the naitive supply.

Maybe it would be completely unfeisable, I certainly don't have a great knowledge about these things and doubt i could implement such a thing.... Just an idea guys
juanchoja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Well... actually you can.

There's two people on this forum who know how to burn EXB-PCM chips, but they are not telling anyone how it's done. Rolling Eyes

Regards.
Sharp.

Whoever knows this and don't wanna tell is a first class idiot, they can FOAD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: