Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request - softer EGs please, is it possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Feature request - softer EGs please, is it possible? Reply with quote

I'm disappointed with the M3 EGs, specially the Amplitude Envelope. The time that takes between an update and the next is so long that you can actually hear them if the decay time is short enough. And, if you make a really short decay, there is simply no decay, but a sudden off after a too long beep.

The rest is great, having the chance of configuring each EG curve is amazing, but... they should be smoother.

So, is there any chance to have softer, or faster envelope generators with an OS update?

Cheers
r12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I konow that m3 env are faster than tritons : same values doesn't make same enveloppes, but by increasing values and adjust with curves you can make very precise env

filters are not the same too (resonances are better on tritons)

but there are so many things better on m3... Very Happy
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm serious about this... for me it almost ruins the sound quality of the M3.

I can't understand why other people hasn't complained yet, perhaps I expect too much from a professional sound machine?

Take for example one of my very favorite M3 sounds, INT-A:080:Reed E.Piano. Now play it and push the joystick towards you, this will decrease the EG decay time. The effect is much more noticeable on high notes and without the reverb masking it. The volume steps are clearly noticeable!
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorremifasol wrote:
I'm serious about this... for me it almost ruins the sound quality of the M3.

I can't understand why other people hasn't complained yet, perhaps I expect too much from a professional sound machine?

Take for example one of my very favorite M3 sounds, INT-A:080:Reed E.Piano. Now play it and push the joystick towards you, this will decrease the EG decay time. The effect is much more noticeable on high notes and without the reverb masking it. The volume steps are clearly noticeable!

I think the example your are quoting demonstrates the low res of the CC based modulators (I.e. The Joystick, not the EGs). See my post (with examples) in this Forum/Thread:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9558

_US.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not the same. I'm not talking about moving the joystick constantly to change the volume of the sound (which would produce a hand made modulation), I'm talking about changing the EG decay time, by using the joystick in that program, but without moving it all the time.
r12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried your example, and I think the problem is not EG but filter's resonance, if you set resonance modulation to 0 there is no "artefact"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: