Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big problems with Korg legacy DE on MAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zurikiser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Big problems with Korg legacy DE on MAC Reply with quote

So I bought the korg legacy digital edition five months ago assuming that I could use it as a plugin with abelton live on my macbook. I soon dicovered that it only worked as a standalone on a Mac. Is this really true???!!!!

Are there any updates that have made it usable as a pluggin on a mac?
Maybe I did something wrong with the set up? I emailed korg and abelton for help. They said it should work, but seemed pretty unknowledgable about the whole thing.

If it cant be used as a pluggin it is virtually unusable. Its been sitting in a cd case for month this sucks.

Can anyone help??
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Big problems with Korg legacy DE on MAC Reply with quote

zurikiser wrote:
I soon dicovered that it only worked as a standalone on a Mac. Is this really true???!!!!

Absolutely not. Works fine as plugins in AU format.

zurikiser wrote:

It's a plugin out of the box, always has been.

zurikiser wrote:
Maybe I did something wrong with the set up? I emailed korg and abelton for help. They said it should work, but seemed pretty unknowledgable about the whole thing.

zurikiser wrote:
If it cant be used as a pluggin it is virtually unusable. Its been sitting in a cd case for month this sucks.

Calm down it works fine as a plugin.

You've provided *no* specifics as to what computer you use, what version of the Legacy DE you are using, what version of Live, whether you are using AU or VST format, whether you installed the plugins and so on.

Perhaps you only installed the standalone version? Perhaps you are running an old PPC-only version of Live on an Intel machine, and therefore not seeing Ub plugins. All kinds of reasons - but unless you provde some information, it's difficult to help.
Stevene

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem . All tricks have been tried now and it is still not working. I am extremely p*s**d off with korg.
brzilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you both are doing something wrong. I was even able to get the "Lite" M-Audio as well as demo versions of Ableton Live 6 to see both KLC-DE and KLC-AE 2007 on my Mac...
spitfire31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevene wrote:
I am extremely p*s**d off with korg.

Maybe you should be p*s**d off with Stevene instead? As Ben Hall pointed out, these tantrums are really cul-de-sacs, especially when you can't be bothered to give any data about your set-ups.

KLC DE plug-ins work perfectly on my G5, 10.4.10, hosted by Live 6.0.10, DP 5.12, RAX 2.1, and so on.

If you want help, give us details instead of blaming Korg.

/Joey
Stevene

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac book pro 2.4Ghz (intel)

DP version 5.11

One thing to note; when I log onto korg user KLC DE is not listed as registered, just the old version I previously used (which I had no problem with). So how come the software works if it wasn't registered.

If any of you can work that one out then you will have been more helpful than Korg.

All I have done is the same as all of you whom the software is working for, (switched it on and installed it, not rocket science huh?) how can it be operator error?????

On the other hand, if someone can genuinely help me, I will be eternally grateful.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the AU work in any other AU host, like Garageband, Live etc?

If so, then you will probably need to upgrade your older version of DP to a recent version.

If the AU doesn't show up in other AU hosts, then check that you actually installed the AU plugin (check your components directories to see if the component file is there).
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have kind of the same problem here.
I've been using Korg Legacy Collection as an VST in Cubase SX3 on a Mac.
(And really enjoyed it!!!)

But since I moved to Cubase Studio on a Mac INTEL (G5 and MacBook Pro), I've never managed to make it work neither with Cubase Studio or Ableton 6 as an plugin.

And I've tried all the upgrade I've found (korg, cubase...). My retailer told me sometimes it takes lot of time before the upgrades are finished!?!!
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version are you using?
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v 1.1.10 for korg
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in fact: v 1.2.2 for korg
Just tried it in ableton 6 now: it appears as an Audio Unit, but got the message when I try to launch it:

"Failed to create the Audio Unit "MS-20."
This Audio Unit Plug-in could not be opened."

And in Cubase studio, it doesn't appear in the VST Instruments...
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Big problems with Korg legacy DE on MAC Reply with quote

zurikiser wrote:

If you are still having problems you need to call/phone Korg Tech Support.

caribou wrote:
I seem to have kind of the same problem here.
I've been using Korg Legacy Collection as an VST in Cubase SX3 on a Mac.

But since I moved to Cubase Studio on a Mac INTEL (G5 and MacBook Pro), I've never managed to make it work neither with Cubase Studio or Ableton 6 as an plugin.

And I've tried all the upgrade I've found (korg, cubase...).

Caribou,

Korg Legacy Collection (KLC-1) and Korg Legacy Collection Digitial Edition (KLC-DE) are different products.

If you have a MacIntel you need the Mac Universal Binary version of KLC-1, which is v1.2.1. Therefore, you first need to upgrade to v1.2 (Syncrosoft dongle), then to v1.2.1
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/faq.asp

This is a USER forum. If you (or anyone) is having trouble with a Korg product you need to contact Korg Product Support (or your Korg Country Distributor). They are the official support channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: