Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg KARMA sequence mode Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkysoldiers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Korg KARMA sequence mode Help Reply with quote

Hi
Im a new owner of a karma and am getting slighty frustrated by the indepth manuals which still leave me scratching my head wondering what ive just read!
I have 2 issues i need some help with if poss?
Firstly if im in combi mode or prog mode, Lets say prog mode for instance and i select sound (028 - Rezbo). This sounds great with all the fx and layers that create the sound but.....
When i go into Seq Mode and select the same sound it sounds awfull!
It seams like its been stripped of all layers and fx. Any ideas how to get the sounds in combi mode or prog mode sounding the same in Seq Mode?

Also i seem to have quite a few sounds missing in banks c & d?
Can anyone help please?
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FS,
If you want to copy a program or combi to sequencer with the FX intact, simply press "ENTER" and while holding it, press, "REC/WRITE". This will load everything ready to go.

Next, Banks C, D, and F are empty. Those banks can be filled with programs and combis from Korg or 3rd Party developers such as EJ2 and Karma Lab. Stick with those two. Now, you need to be aware that the only 2 EXB (expansion boards) that Korg has provided fully "KARMA-fied" combis for are EXB 04 Dance Extreme and EXB05 Vintage Archives. All the rest are straight sounds without KARMA programming and without Triton's arps.

EXB09 Trance Attack has been KARMA-fied by EJ2 and Valery. While the only KARMA-fied bank of combis for EXBMOSS is from EJ2.

If you are new to Karma, I would suggest that you register and participate over at KLF - Karma Lab Forums http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/index.php?s=

Next, I would caution you on loading 3rd party sounds so that you don't overwrite your factory presets. You'll end up with messy sounds in your combis. The Basic Guide is the best place to start. Don't read it in an arm chair. Take it over to your Karma and go through the various procedures so that you can learn more about how to get the best from your Maroon Monster. Another suggestion is to access the tutorials over at KLF.

Good luck with your Karma.
Cheers,
Eric

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
funkysoldiers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick responce.
Ill get deep in the karma tonight and see how i go.
Thanks for your Help!
lcmorley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why Rezbo sounds borrible is because all the effects have been stripped.

When you create a new sequence, there are no effects assigned at all, and so every sound will sound dry and rubbish. It is up to the programmer to assign their preffered effects as part of the sequence.

As EJ2 said though, if you want the same effects as in program or combi mode, just click Enter and Record to create a new sequence using the original prog/combi parameters.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: