Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help with OS...PLEASE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Need Help with OS...PLEASE Reply with quote

Hi guys

I would like to know how many OS versions were released for Trinity Plus.

I mean the ones 2.xx.

I Know that there are 2.1 and 2.41 but i need to find and load 2.31 or 2.3.1 (I don't know which one is the correct one...but the digits are for sure 2 3 1.

Please I need help. I have 2.41 installed and also checked 2.1 but no one seems to solve the problem i have.

The problem is that when i turn the instrument off and keep it off (particularly after unplugging power cable as well) and then turn it on again some of my S bank sounds are very noisy (makes this sound "ppsssssssss". I need to reset power two or three times to get it fixed.

People i asked in Greece told me that this is a common problem that gets fixed only with 2.31 OS version.

I need to check that but i dont know where i can find this version.

Please notice that i dont care about 2.1 or 2.41. I need 2.31 or different (apart FROM 2.41 and 2.1)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by korg_nikos on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bazz02

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Check http://web.archive.org/web/20060208112836/209.35.182.75/trinityhaven/HTML/OS23whatsnew.htm

Couldnt find 2.3.1 anywhere heres 2.30.

Hope it helps.
Cheers bazz
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your efforts baz.

I have loaded this 2.3.0 version but the problem is there again...

I need to test also with 2.3.1. People here say that this fixes this problem.
It is not only me that has experienced this problem. People dealt with it said that this is solved with 2.3.1

I have to find it but i don't know where...

I am also looking for it but no result yet.

Hopefully somebody will help me.

Thanks guys
Bazz02

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp,
Over to you.

Bazz:)
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am counting on Sharp...I know that he is the Trinity man and that's why i sent him a pm describing the problem in detail. If there is no problem i could post it also here.

Regards
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me get into details

I would like to have any possible help i can get by trinity plus users.

I recently bought a used Trinity Plus in excellent condition. I think that this is not a factory Trinity Plus Version, (with solo-tri pre-installed) actually cuz it misses the sticker "plus" above TRINITY Trademark. So i think that solo-tri board was installed afterwards.

Anyway I have a small problem. I have loaded a pcg set for it and what happens is the following:

When i select some S bank programs and also some combis that use these S programs i hear some noise along with the sound. I know that this noise doesn't come from a noice oscilator or effects that emulate some analog pickup noise. I say so because after turning the instrument off and back on for two or three times the noise disappears and everything works perfectlly. I have noticed that when the synth works ok and turn it off and back on again I get this noise. Before i have it worked ok again, i should turn it off, unplug the power cable from it's back side, then plug it in again and power back on. With this method the synth recovers and works ok. But when i am done and turn it off i should do the very same thing the next time i turn it on.

Bear in mind that the level of the unwanted noise varies from time to time. I am having this problem only in few S bank particular sounds in Program mode and in Combis that use these S Bank programs in combi mode. I would say that only few sounds have this problem (around 5% or less). The rest ones of S banks and of course all A, B banks work ok. I mean that this problem doesn't come up with all S bank sounds. Also the sounds that have this problem are the same each time i turn the instrument off and on again.

First thing i came up with was to update the OS because the synth had the 2.1 installed. I loaded versions 2.2 2.3.0 and of course 2.41 (the latest) but no one of them fixed the problem.

After that i thought that i had a faulty Solo-Tri board. So i found two boards (from friends that use it and said that worked ok) and fitted them in my synth to check what happens if i removed my one. Same problem again. The noise was still there and i had to make those power off and ons again to have it fixed. So my solo-tri board was ok.

After that i thought that i might have a screwd-up pcg but i was told by an honest friend that this works ok on his synth. Is there the possibility that i am having some earth (GND) problem? I also tried to plug it in diiferent sockets and even tried to connect it to power supply of a different house. (Yup i did that also...Lol)

Actually this pcg set is very popular among Greek Trinity Plus users. Many of them here in Greece say that this problem with this pcg gets fixed with OS version 2.3.1 or 2.31 (i don't know if there are two dots "2.3.1" or just one "2.31" but i am sure about the digits 2 3 and 1)

The problem is that no one i know has this version backed up and as you know i can not "pull" that OS out from a trinity plus. My honest friend, i talked about above, says that he uses this OS version because he had also this problem with the same set.

I have searched the net and the forum for this version but i can not find that. Can you please confirm that such a version exists?

I need to know...:

1. How many versions were realeased for Plus?
2. Is there one 2.31 or 2.3.1? If yes can you please mail it to me or give me the link to download? My address is nikos_savidis@hotmail.com.

I need to find what happens. If this version exists and still doesn't fix the problem then it seems to me that my power supply board needs replacement. I don't know what else i should say or assume.

Bear in mind that all boards inside the trinity look just fine and every cable or board plug is in place nice and steady.

May i please have your comments?

Thanks in advance

Nikos
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys!! I know that someone might be of help

I have tested some other sets and still does the same thing...
In every pcg i load i get 5-6 S bank sounds that dont work correctly. Also every combi that uses them sounds noisy. After turning off and on again fixes them but the next time i turn it on i have the same problem.

Since Solo-Tri is not the problem i guess that i am having problem either with my Power Supply Board or (afraid of even spelling that) my motherboard.

Please let me know if you have ever experienced something like that

Regards
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in PM, I really can't suggest anything of value as the only OS versions I have are the latest for V3/Moss (3.1.2), and v2.1.4 for those without the 6-voice moss board.

The only thing I can suggest is contacting Korg in your country, as well as Korg USA and asking if they could give you a copy of the specific OS you require.

Try UK Support, as well, as they're pretty on the ball. http://www.korguksupport.co.uk

Really hope you get it sorted!!
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Timo.

I have already sent mails and PM to uk tech support and also to Sharp and Daz. More specifically i know that Sharp had the synth so i do hope either he has the version somewhere or be of any help.

Thanks anyway mate.
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted the service dpt of Korg here in Greece. I have sent them a very detailed report and they think that the problem might be in some components of the motherboard.

But before i proceed into anything, i need first to check this Version 2.3.1.

I dont know about the cost of the motherboard yet. I will probably proceed because my trinity is in excellent condition (i mean besides this f@#*ing malfunction)

Sorry about me getting too demanding or even upset but i just can not stand having problems with my synths. I bet that most of you are probably like this.

Thanks...and please keep posting whatever you think it may be of any help.

Regards
Bazz02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos,

Seems very strange its only a few sounds on the PBS board.
Have you tried a different disk with the greek PCG,s.
Could be a corrupt disk.
I know powering off and then on again seems to clear it but you never
know.
Havent read all your posts but you could try your board in your
friends Trinity, at least eliminate that first.

Bazz
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bazz, I have never spoken about the PBS board.

It is the Solo-Tri that i have. I have already fitted my solo-tri board into my friends' trinities before you suggest that (thanks anyway) and guess what! It works just fine. They both run the 2.3.1 but none of them has this version backed up. I have also fitted their boards into my trinity and still does the same!

I guess it is either a Power Supply issue or a motherboard one.

Sharp has not replied to me yet. Perhaps he is busy

Nikos
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sharp has not replied to me yet. Perhaps he is busy

Will do later tonight.
I aaaammmmm VERY busy.

Regards.
Sharp.
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp please do not consider my last post as complaint.

I have just informed bazz that you haven't replied to me yet...

I know you are busy and i can wait. People from Korg Greece, Korg USA and Korg Uk didn't help till now. I have only received a reply from Bazz and Timo.

Waiting for your Kind Reply...

Regards
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi korg_nikos

Quote:
Sharp please do not consider my last post as complaint.

I have just informed bazz that you haven't replied to me yet...

I know you are busy and i can wait.

Yeah, no worries. I know your not complaining. I'm just gone to crap lately as I'm working all the hours of the clock these days.

Which also reminds me, I've left Bazz hanging for a SCSI Drive that I've pulled out and prepaired to send him. Smile I'm just awful for getting around to things, so guys... do feel free to hound me.

Anyway... on to the problem.
Regarding this specific version of the OS, where did you hear about this edition that solved this problem ?. I did not know this, and KORG would also not introduce a fix and remove that fix in a later edition. So, my advice is to install the latest OS for the Trinity Plus.

I think you need to then start ruling out corrupt data as the cause.

I'd rease the memory completely using the Enter + 0 options on boot up. Then load the factory defaults into memory from a FRESH disk that you prepared from the Internet. Don't use a copy of anything you already have, really do go and get a fresh copy off the net. See how that works.

Also... do you have the PBS option installed.
If so, format it, and load the factory A+B sounds into the C+D banks. Corrupt data on the EP-ROM has the ability to cause the Trinity to misbehave in other modes.

Do you also have any problems with your Audio Outputs cutting out in other modes ?. I don't know why, but this can also be the cause of the SOLO board creating noise. If you suffer from this problem, let me know as there is a fix for this too.

Did you try the Testing mode on the Trintiy ?. Enter + 5 on bootup ?.
Here you can use the start/stop button to test your SOLO board, and other systems.

Regards.
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: