Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

needs some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: needs some help Reply with quote

I have the wonderful PA1X (Speaker Version) I have a problem with the sound. When the volume is turned up to maximum, i am only getting about 60% volume through the speakers.When I listen through the headphones the volume is fine and when i play it through an amp its fine. I have taken it to an engineer but they have not been able to locate the problem. I spoke to Korg and they want me to send the instrument in but they are based in Milton Keynes and i am in Birmingham. (its some distance)

Another engineer told me that usually if the inbuilt amps were to fail it is usually all or nothing and not a gradual degradation . He said that i should try to reload the OS version 3.1 again and see if that helps. I will try this at home when i get back from work but has anyone else had this problem and can they offer any advice ?
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, maybe it´s under global audio output - that´s normal only for audio and mp3 but maybe this is the point.

cu
Detlef
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alanG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had a similar problem a year ago, when playing the Demo's built into the Korg 'I also have a PA1X with speakers' The volume set at less than half on the Master and Seq sliders, the volume was VERY VERY loud, but playing it normally with both sliders set to full the output level is GREATLY reduced. At the time I think version 2.53 came out and I upgraded to this, and it did help a great deal. But setting the Keyboard to all maximum's in the settings 'I mean everything set to maximum that can be set' no way can I get the Keyboard to sound as loud as when playing the Demo's. So an Upgrade may help before taking or sending keyboard back to Korg. I still have similar problem even after OS 3.0 then OS 3.1. I now use a Macie Mixer and this is no longer a problem. I do find that the built in speakers are great, but doing a GIG those speakers are right in your face and should be pointing to the audience
It's allways worth backing up your System, then doing a full upgrade to see if this helps.

alanG
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan. I actually did reload the OS3.1 again and the musical resources 3.0 and to a large extent this corrected the sound. I now have close to 80% full volume again ! I had previously loaded into my PA1x all the PA800 styles and i was impressed with them however, i loaded back the original PA1X styles plus the bonus styles that came with the version 3 upgrade and do you know i actually prefer the original PA1X styles ! Obviously they were programmed and tweaked for the PA1X so i guess it should not come as a surprise that they should sound better than the Pa800 imported styles but they do and it did !

80% of sound is better than what i had so i wont send it off to Korgh just yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: