Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combi problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necrodup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Combi problems Reply with quote

I have two questions regarding combi edits:

1) Since there are no empty, start-from-scratch combinations, when i program a combination, I'm working with effects and filters and settings that are already programmed into it. Correct? So is there a way to wipe all the settings of a combination "clean" so to speak? ie turn off all effects, arpeggiators, filters, etc?

This is a problem because

2) Everytime I write a combi using Stereo Piano mf (D089)- which is my main piano sound- it comes out sounding much different than D089- I'm guessing this is because all the settings in the combi. How can I truly imitate the program settings into a combi?

**More irritating that anything is that I can't seem to get the volume of any combi to come close to matching the volume of the programs- anyone help with that??? I can't imagine using this on stage at this point in my knowledge...argh please help

DUP
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create the came piano sound by going to Master Effects first. Then press utility. Go to Copy Master Effect and choose the piano from the Programs section. Then check the box that says All. A combo will naturally be a bit louder than the programs because it's a bunch of them layered together. You'll see lots of keyboardists who use korgs live switching from two different volume positions every now and then because they use combos and progs (like Dimmu Borgir, Norther, or Dream Theater) so that's probably a good way to do it. Another way is to go to tone adjust. Page Up until you see the parameters' volume levels. Turn the volume levels down if you want the combo to be as loud as the programs each time you come back to it. Hope that helps Wink .
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys for barging in, but I was wondering... when you do this (copying the effects of one program to the combi), does this alter the WHOLE combi, or just a given program within it?

I mean, let's say I have a piano prog within the combi, but as you may know (this often happens in the x50), the volume and quality of it WITHIN THE COMBI differs quite a lot from the original piano sound when played in isolation.

so, I wanted to know if copying the effects of the isolated prog (e.g. piano) would make it sound more like the original within the combi "environment"

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
voodoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: other way around with the volumes Reply with quote

I have found (and tested) that the combi's are quieter. I have used combi C127 (blank patch) copied in for example the A001 acoustic piano sample, and copied in the effects etc - and the volume is still lower than the prog version of the same sound , and yes I have checked that the volumes are all set to 127 via the editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: