Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought KLC-1 on Ebay w/controller Question?????????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Bought KLC-1 on Ebay w/controller Question????????? Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I just bought the KLC-1 with MS-20 controller on ebay. As you might have already guessed, I installed the software, and of course the Auth. code is not accepted at korguser.net.
The person I bought it from said it was never installed on a computer, but whatever, the code doesn't work.
My version doesn't have the dongle just all the code crap.

My question is this...

If I completely uninstall legacy collection and re-buy the latest version and install, will I be able to use the MS-20 controller I own with the new Legacy software?

If not I have the coolest looking paperweight around
Crying or Very sad

Thanks for any help, I've searched all over this forum!
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more...

Would I buy the Legacy digital edition to use my MS-20 controller?

This is all so confusing Embarassed
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after clicking 'new user sign in' and filling out everything, I get the error from korguser.net...

"This authorization code already registered, Choose Re-issue from the log in page"

I can't find re-issue on the login page !@#$%

Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The controller should work just fine as a standalone USB keyboard/controller with any software that you own. If you buy the KLC Analog Edition that includes the MS20, Polysix and MonoPoly you should be able to use it with that.

The Digital Edition is the M1 and Wavestation emulations, so that's not the package you're after ... it's a lot of fun though Wink

Daz.
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz, thanks for the response, but the whole point of my questions above is that the ms-20 controller does not work. The ms-20 controller does not show up with any software. My other controller was no problem. I've installed the driver from the KLC-1 disk. In control panel it states that the driver is not working properly. I then tried rolling it back to no avail.

I thought the controller was not working because I can't get the proper challenge/code.
Mad

Help, I really want to be able to use this controller and the KLC analog software!!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... but the whole point of my questions above is that the ms-20 controller does not work.

Ah, you didn't actually say that thus far Wink

Maybe it's not getting enough juice from the USB port, or you haven't turned on the power/volume switch on the right hand end, or maybe you have too many MIDI devices installed for Windows to cope with ... etc.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
or maybe you have too many MIDI devices installed for Windows to cope with ... etc.

c.f.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_techinfo.php?page=content/support/en_support_faq_10entryd
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz,

Thanks again for responding.

I have one other midi controller connected. I've tried disconnecting it.
I am on XP service pack 2
I am using the same usb port as when installed.
I am using the MS-20 driver which came on the disk.
The MS-20 controller shows up in the control panel hardware list
I have the power light 'on' on my MS-20 controller.
The MS-20 is definitely getting enough juice from the USB.

The MS-20 does not show up available in any host program I try.

What can I do Crying or Very sad
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this...

This was discussed on another thread here without resolution.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am a Mac guy, so this isn't my area so much. Any other Windows folks here want to throw something in the ring ?

I know that the problem described in the RME tech note I posted above can often be the cause of these kinds of weird problems with MIDI devices under Windows. Have seen a lot of problems here that came down to that.

Daz.
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Jerry from Korg can pipe in here. I think the drivers are no good.

I've installed/used other brand midi controllers on my XP sp2 PC with NO problems. The ms-20 controller just doesn't show up in any host programs I use.

I've tried the old Korg midi driver that came on the KLC-1 Disk and also downloaded the latest. Nothing changes.

I've now spent hours on forums trying to resolve this and am getting extremely frustrated, this is ridiculous.
dave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a Mac too but I can confirm that the controller will not work on a hub, like the ones built into Mac keyboards and monitors. Hubs don't pass enough power for it. I have to plug mine straight into the back of the Mac before it's seen by the system.

Kind regards.
nathanpt2000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, but mine is plugged directly to my PC usb port.
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by tritex4 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathanpt2000 wrote:
I think the drivers are no good.

The USB Midi drivers work fine. There is actually only one "Korg USB Midi driver" software which is shared between the MS-20, Triton Extreme, etc.

The message in your picture above means something is WRONG with the USB Midi driver installation. The midi driver is completely separate from the KLC-1 virtual instrument software, and your screen should state "working properly".

As I mentioned in your other thread, you should be contacting/phoning Korg USA Product Support. They can get you fixed up.

** ALSO SEE MY RESPONSE IN YOUR OTHER THREAD **

Given you received a "authorization code already registered", I suspect your Seller DID install the KLC-1 software and register it.

** Update **
I found your e-Bay auction -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190173137170

The Seller DOES state in his ad:
Quote:
The controller has only been used once. I attempted to register the software, but I could never get the license code to work, so I gave up. I am including the software as a free bonus--but there is no guarantee that it will work, but you are welcome to try.

Therefore, your problems trying to install the KLC-1 software are not Korg's fault AT ALL. You are trying to authorize software that was purchased by another user, and Korg's software licenses are NOT transferrable. To get the KLC-1 software working (forgetting about the MS-20 controller for a minute) you would have to work with the Seller to obtain a new authorization code (since this would be sent to the email that he used to register the software).

Just FYI, the KLC-1 software was a challenge/response "authorization code" system up until version 1.2, when it changed to a Syncrosoft USB dongle licensing system. When using the Syncrosoft dongle, the license physically resides on the USB dongle itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: