Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M3 Genius Needed...!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheezeejazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Korg M3 Genius Needed...! Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I'm just setting up my M3 for a new gig and basically the way I run all my boards is that they are each a MIDI controller (Nord Stage, Oberheim and M3). They each output on Ch 1 into my 8in/out interface on the laptop. Then I use routing and layering software (Forte) on the laptop to then send the signal out to whichever sound source I require on each board. This way I can have any sound on any board at any key range etc so its very flexible.

This works fine for ALL boards I've ever had but I'm having problems with the M3.

Basically what I thought I'd be able to do is run it in Combi mode and have timbres 1-8 available for whichever sounds I want in that patch (layering sounds by using the same MIDI channel on certain timbres and different channels to gain seperation), then using Timbres 9,10,11,12 set to EXT transmitting on channels 1,2,3,4 respectiveley. This would allow me 4 layers of MIDI output, and with local control off I wouldnt here any sounds unless I routed things appropriately in the laptop – perfect!

HOWEVER!! The M3 has buttons to turn each timbre on and off on the fly (MIXER mode timbres 9-16 page) and these do not make any difference for the EXT timbres. So if I have 4 EXT timbres (ch's 1,2,3,4) then it permanently transmits on all 4 and turning the timbre off makes no difference, the only way to achieve what I want is to be in EDIT mod when performing and knock the channel transmit number for EXT up and down as required.

This is really bugging me and I can't see why it would be deliberate in the OS but wondered if I'm missing something since if it worked then powerful external zoning would be possible? Hope this made sense to people!

Thanks, Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: