Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Load SYX files (PC to KLC D.E) and (M1(synth) to PC))

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Load SYX files (PC to KLC D.E) and (M1(synth) to PC)) Reply with quote

Recently i installed Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition in my PC. I am also using CuBase SX3 as sequencer software. I am sure that you already know why i did install this KLC software. If your guess is M1 then you are right!

M1 was my first synth (i had bought it when i was 12 years old!) I am now 28 and i have a lot of Korg Instruments. Of course my beloved M1 is no longer with me as i sold it 7 years ago to a friend

What i want to do is to load sounds of my old M1 to the KLC digital edition. I know that M1 exports its data in SYX format. I would like to ask you if you know how am i supposed to load the sounds (SYX) from PC to the VST M1 (Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition).

Another question is the following. Lets suppose that I have a hardware synth M1 loaded with sounds. What should i do in order to dump it's data (via midi) in my pc using Cubase SX3? I was told that any sequencer could do that pretty easily but i dont know how.

Can you please guide me through?

1. I have some very good sounds of M1 already in my pc in SYX format but not loaded in the KLC digital edition. I need your help in order to load them in the KLC.

2. One of my best friends has his old M1 loaded with sounds (they are also very good) but we dont know how to import them in pc using the Cubase SX3. Can you please help us to dump this M1's data in our pc so as to load them in the KLC afterwards?

Thanks in advance
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the File -> Import option and simply load your SYX file. That's it.

If you want to get your current M1 sounds from the M1 to the PC, use a MIDI bulk dump to some sysex software running on the computer (there's loads available for the PC) - because I don't know if Cubase will save SYX files.

If it does, you can just "record" the sysex with Cubase.
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May i please ask you to suggest me a free software in order to be able to export syx files from M1 to PC?

After that i am planning to load the syx files to KLC.

I need your help as quickly as possible cuz i will be having a friend's M1 at my place for 2 days

Thanks
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use PC's, I'm a Mac man...

A google search will trawl up loads of stuff.
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really quick...

Thanks anyway...

What it really concerns me is wether i should send the syx files (giving a command to M1 to dump its data to pc) or give a command to the software to "pull out" the files from M1.

I have downloaded some softwares but i wonder if you knew...

Regards and Merry Christmas
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...

Let's suppose that i perform a dump from M1 to my PC sending All Data including Programs, Combis, Global and Sequencer Data.

Will the KLC be able to read all these data or should i perform separate syx exports? (Meaning dump programs, combis, global...one at a time)

Regards
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg_nikos wrote:
What it really concerns me is wether i should send the syx files (giving a command to M1 to dump its data to pc) or give a command to the software to "pull out" the files from M1.

Send the sysex to the computer. Save in a SYX file. Load the SYX file into the M1 Legacy.

korg_nikos wrote:
Let's suppose that i perform a dump from M1 to my PC sending All Data including Programs, Combis, Global and Sequencer Data.

Will the KLC be able to read all these data or should i perform separate syx exports? (Meaning dump programs, combis, global...one at a time)

I'm not sure about the sysex spec on the M1. If it's like the Wavestation, an ALL dump was a single 256K file - if the M1 does something similar, I don't recommend you use it. If the ALL dump sends multiple chunks of data at once (progs, combi etc) then it should be ok.

Bottom line is, try it one way. If it doesn't work, try it the other way Wink

You can see the various sysex import options in the file menu of the M1 Legacy...
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what i am talking about...

Both ways fail...
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...the files i was trying with were corrupted. Finally i solved my issues...

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: