Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New M3 - Trouble importing my samples?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: New M3 - Trouble importing my samples? Reply with quote

I'm feeling really stupid, and I've been digging through the manuals and online forums trying to answer this, with no luck:

I just bought an M3. First step is to get it to sound like my own music rather than the factory. When I put my own loops on a USB flash drive, saved from my Mac as 16 bit 48 KHz WAV files and named with 8 Char DOS conventions, all that stuff, the M3 sees the samples, and will play them in Media Mode with the Sample Play/Stop button, and let me edit the loop points; then I press Load and it shows the sample loading with the progress bar, so far so good.

When I go to a blank program and try assigning an oscillator to the new sample, I can't find my sample anywhere. I only see a default empty "NewMS" and a long list of empty slots. Yes, I'm aware I have to go to RamM or RamS instead of ROM - and the ROM sounds work just fine in this edit page.

My M3 has the default 64 Meg, although I have the upgrade on order. These aren't huge loops - around a Meg on average. I haven't yet tried sampling new things through the M3 input. I doubt my RAM could be faulty, as memory readings show a percentage reduced when I import a sound (like from 98% to 95%). Where are my samples?

Any help out there? Please tell me I'm missing something really obvious.

Many thanks - RR
wan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I guess you are missing the difference between samples and multi-samples. An oscillator plays a multi-sample (hence MS in the name). You've made a sample. Now you still have to create a multi-sample that points to your sample. So it is a two-staged proces, first load the sample, then go to the multi-sample edit page and assign your sample to any multi-sample. Then assign this Multisample to an oscillator.

Hope this helps
rr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That's exactly the hint I needed. I had hoped it was something like that. The manuals didn't make that extra layer clear at all. I'm up and running. - RR
wan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: