Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS 76 on ebay ---- Fake?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahfei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: OASYS 76 on ebay ---- Fake? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-OASYS-76_W0QQitemZ180201601209QQihZ008QQcategoryZ38089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend showed me the same auction, it was at $999 now its gone up so i duno lool...
KarmaKazi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: OASYS 76 on ebay ---- Fake? Reply with quote

The seller is not responding to eBay inquiries. Crying or Very sad

Their account has been inactive for 18 months prior to this listing. Wink

All of their 17 feedbacks is as a buyer only. Shocked

go figure Arrow

KarmaKazi
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah thats not good bro... theres somethin bout those pics looks weird to me i duno y
ahfei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pics quality is crappy must be due to copy and paste from other people listing Very Happy

Did any of you bid just now? I swear many bids were placed after I post it here Razz
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just went and the auction has been taken down ahah lol...
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a message using "Ask the Seller A Question", then the auction was taken down a few hours later.

Normally, bogus auctions include a separate email address, since "Ask the Seller a Question" sends an email to the real, official eBay ID email address. However, this auction looked suspicious because:

-- 3 day auction: there is no extra cost to make run the auction for 7 days. Why would someone purposely run a shorter auction and miss out on potential bidders? Reason: they are trying to get a quick sale before teh real eBay owner finds out

-- Low price with no reserve: The auction started with a $999 price with no reserve. That is awfully risky for a real owner who probably paid at least $7,000 to risk selling it for $1,000

-- Seller does not respond to questions: Any reasonable Seller would expect questions from buyers, especially with such a high-priced item

-- Seller provides no background about keyboard or reason for selling: most Seller provide at least some explanation (even if it is a lie like "only used for one project" or "only played for 3 hours")

My recommendation for ANYONE buying an OASYS from eBay is to get the phone number of the Seller and talk to them over the phone BEFORE you place a bid.
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i duno much about ebay can you explain that no reserve thing..wut exactly does that mean, i use my aunts ebay account just to look over items and ask people questions. I only bought one item which was a korg triton 3 years ago of ebay and thats cuz he wrote his email on the auction page lol
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unleashed_project wrote:
i duno much about ebay can you explain that no reserve thing..wut exactly does that mean

eBay supports various types of auctions that have specific pricing options associated with them

-- Normal auctions: These can include a "Reserve price" which means the item can't be sold for a price lower than the Reserve. Auctions can also include a "fixed price" or a "Best offer".

Just look in eBay help.
ahfei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becareful whenevr you buy things there. I just bought a yamaha motif XS6 from a scammer who steal pictures from another forum!
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
unleashed_project wrote:
i duno much about ebay can you explain that no reserve thing..wut exactly does that mean

eBay supports various types of auctions that have specific pricing options associated with them

-- Normal auctions: These can include a "Reserve price" which means the item can't be sold for a price lower than the Reserve. Auctions can also include a "fixed price" or a "Best offer".

Just look in eBay help.

Ebay also at their discretion allows scams to run. I have specifically showed evidence of a fraudulent item, showed photoshopped enhanced pictures and Ebay allowed it to continue!
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
ahfei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dr.InnoVation.Bennicelli"]
MartinHines wrote:

Ebay also at their discretion allows scams to run. I have specifically showed evidence of a fraudulent item, showed photoshopped enhanced pictures and Ebay allowed it to continue!

nice job reporting! I also frequently report it but ebay usually doesnt care, maybe they just want to earn their fee Evil or Very Mad
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip for prospective Genuine Ebay Oasys sellers..

Use a combi or Program location and use the Naming facility to write your Ebay member name and perhaps a date,then take a picture of the screen for the Listing.....

At least this way you can see if the Person listing the Item has the Oasys,Most scammers tend to lift Pictures from genuine people,so at least this way its photographic evidence or at least shows the seller is or is not the respective seller/Owner or at the least does actually own the Keyboard,this wil lalso stop those scamming idiots lifting others Pictures to make it look like a genuine sale,the member names won't match the Pictures

You could even ask the seller to write a word or two on the Oasys screen that you tell them via Message/Mail and get them to do the same and take a picture of it..

It also gives buyers a little Peace of Mind,If your still not 100% Sure ask for the registered owner name and serial number then get Korg to check it out.??
unleashed_project

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ur sayin tell them to name one of the programs or combis, to ur name and take a picture of that...das a smarttttttttttttttttttt idea man i would never think of that loool thanks for da tipp if i everr need anythin off ebay imma tell them to do that lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: