Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when usb is plugged in,outputs capture pc noise...plz,help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaseedee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: when usb is plugged in,outputs capture pc noise...plz,help. Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
i bought my new microX just before xmas.i love it but when i use usb connector all the outputs of the micoX produces low level noise and as it seems to to me it seems like it is the sound the internal machine of the computer coming out from the outputs.But headphones output is ok.
what's happening did anybody had such problem?
Thank you all guys for help.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be experiencing a "ground loop" problem. This occurs when there is a voltage difference between the electrical ground of two or more different devices attached to each other, causing an electrical flow between them through the ground attachment of any wires that connect them. The most common symptom of a ground loop is a 60/50 Hz hum, but sometimes electrical noise similar to what you describe is a symptom too.

One common cause is when the devices are connected to two different wall plugs in which there is a voltage difference due to differences in the wiring back to the building circuit breaker. This can be solved by hooking the devices to a power strip from the same wall plug.

More complex is when the power supply of one device causes its chassis to float with a voltage above or below the wall plug ground, often due to a failed component or a bad internal connection to the A/C plug ground. You can use a multimeter to check for a voltage between the chassis and the wall plug ground. You can also check the voltage between the chassis of two devices when they are _not_ hooked together with a cable between them. PC power supplies are notorious for poor construction and bad filtering for audio devices. Sometimes the solution is to get a quality power supply.

Be careful however, because a shock hazard could exist when a ground loop condition exists. I've personally experienced shocks as a soundman for live gigs due to ground loops.
yaseedee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot i will go to try....... Smile
Clauzii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: PSU noise also happens.. Reply with quote

For some odd reason, everytime I change sounds, the microX PSU itself(!) sends out a whining noise. It works, but annoying none the less Sad
yaseedee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my problem is different but thanks anyway for the information .i think that xmlguy is right but unfortunately i couldnt check it yet. Question
Clauzii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: PSU noise also happens.. Reply with quote

Clauzii wrote:
For some odd reason, everytime I change sounds, the microX PSU itself(!) sends out a whining noise. It works, but annoying none the less Sad

Mine does too Sad
Bad quality coils in the PSU...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: