Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1: how to add an effect to only one program in the sequence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thijst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: M1: how to add an effect to only one program in the sequence Reply with quote

Hi everyone -

I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for a solution to a pretty specific problem I currently face with my M1. I looked through various topics but to no avail. In a nutshell: I am creating a backing track for my band, which consists of vibes + drums. The drum only serves as a clicktrack for the "real" drummer. It is crucial that I add delay to the vibes sound, so I have changed the program to include the stereo delay effect. However, when I select vibes in the sequencer, the delay is gone. I found this paragraph on the M-1 source website, which may indicate as to why this happens:

Internal Sequencer
The internal 8-track sequencer records and plays back songs numbered 0 to 9. A song can have 1 to 8 tracks. A track can have 1 program. Combis can’t be recorded with a sequencer. A track’s program assignment can be changed within a song. Sequencer effect settings override the individual effect settings of each program. The length of a song is limited to 250 measures. The size of a song is limited to 4,200 events (100progs/combis) or 7,700 events (50progs/combis).

The solution would be to add the stereo delay effect to the whole song, but then it would also affect the drums. And because the delay is quite heavy, the drums become a mess when I do this, and the drummer can not use it as a time-keeper. Is there any way I can add the delay only to vibes and leave the drums dry?

Just for the record: I use an Alesis MMT-8 to sequence, so I'm not using the internal M1 sequencer but that should not affect anything.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the Master FX routing from Series to Parallel. Put whatever FX you need for the click track on slot 1 and put the delay for the vibes on slot 2. Pan and adjust levels to taste. Adjust send settings for each program on page 1 of the sequencer. When you get it right save the song so you don't have to do this from scratch all over again.

Kind regards.
thijst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll give that a shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: