Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 editor request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: M3 editor request Reply with quote

When the M3 editor or plugin starts, it scans all the available midi ports and sends data to them.

That's absolutely criminal! It has happened many times to me, that I have tweaked the sounds of my other synthesizers, and when I start the M3 plugin or editor to tweak the M3 from my sequencer, all the current configuration of my other machines is lost (including the M3)!

The M3 plugin or editor should only communicate through an USER DEFINED port, or at least it should have the option to make it work this way. It shouldn't do things on its own when it starts.

PLEASE.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to do this. You can define that the Editor loads a file from the hard drive, not receive data from the M3.

You can also define which, if any, Modes and Banks the editor will sync. Perhaps you only have one User Program bank you need to changes/update. Perhaps you only need to update your Song/Seq file. No problem.

It's all in the manual - I can't quote the pages right now (pre-NAMM craziness) but take a look.

Regards,

Jerry
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer Jerry.

Maybe I didn't explained it well, but I wasn't talking about the M3 editor synchronization, which works wonderfully and surprisingly fast.

The problem is that as soon as the M3 editor is loaded, it starts scanning all the midi ports and sending data to them (midi spamming?), which produces program changes and other undesired things to all the other gear attached to the computer (or the midi patchbay).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: