Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50- Is it possible to add new sounds/multisamples?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malefic1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: X50- Is it possible to add new sounds/multisamples? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I just bought an X50 a couple of weeks ago (this is my first keyboard/synthesizer), and I'm trying to familiarize myself with all of its capabilities.

I've read how to make new programs for the X50 using its factory multisamples, however I was wondering if it is possible to upload new multisamples to the unit for more possibilities in creating sounds.

I am also curious as to whether or not pre-written sounds, possibly ones for other Korgs or user made sounds can be uploaded to the unit.

The user manual doesn't seem to go into anything like this, and this makes me anxious to the possibility that this instrument has a somewhat limited variety of sounds that it can produce.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user manual doesn't go into it because you can't do it. It has 64MB of preset PCM ROM. Read ONLY memory. You're expected to know what ROM means. It's not a Sampler.

You'll need a TR with the EXB-SMPL sampling option or a TR Extreme to load waveforms. You'll also need a lot more money than what you paid for the X-50. I got the X-50 at a discount, so the TR would have cost me twice as much and the TR EX more than three times the price.

The X-50 is a good choice to get the sounds of a Triton without paying the full price of a Triton. For a beginner I would normally recommend an arranger keyboard because even the cheap ones contain styles, auto-accompaniment, built-in sequencers/songs and midi recorders. The Casio WK-110 is an example of one that I bought for well under $200. The X-50 has a lot of depth to what you can do with the built-in samples, so you should be looking for complementary hardware and software that will let you get more out of it.
khortoom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer to your question:

NO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: