Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with x50 programming!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warmen69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Need help with x50 programming!! Reply with quote

Alright, basically I would like to know how to combine a Harpsichord (B 110) with a string effect (A 003). Can anyone tell me how to combine sounds together? I have the korg program on my computer and the usb cord connected, but I just dont know what to do. I've been trying to find out how but it hasn't been working out for me, so if you could show me a simple way on how to do it that would be great. Also, if you do create a sound that has a harpsichord/strings effect, and you turn the keyboard off, will it still be there when you turn it back on?
asdasd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well first READ THE MANUAL! That is so simple that it is clear that you haven't done so...

If I were you I do combine a few string sounds together, and then the harpsi (this is a "metal" sound or?). Anyway just go to combination mode and scroll through pages there are the programs that the combi uses and the volume that they are played at... It really can't get more simple than this. Though you must that the channels are on/off, agan by scrolling couple of pages in combi mode.

Yes you will have to overwrite existing sounds.
warmen69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I read the manual though, it just wasn't clear enough for me. Like, I know how to move / copy programs and all that stuff. But when I use the korg x50 computer program, I go to combi, and then I see how you can add like 8 different sounds, so I pick harpsi, and strings, and they dont play both, only one of em does. So I tried using the arpeggiator, and it worked, but it wasn't playing right. So If you could tell me step by step from using the computer program, that would seriously help me alot. thanks.
4NDRW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably have to turn on the the different programs inside the combi
i think by default, only the first one is turned on.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While reading the manual might be helpful, sometimes it just doesn't present the right "tutorial" approach. It's hard to write the perfect manual. Often, people need to be just shown the right direction before things fall into place. So don't feel bad, warmen69.

I don't use the computer editor. But one way to create your own Combis is to start with one that is similar in nature to the one you want. So, find a Combi that is basically just a layer of two Programs, and change the programs to the ones you want. Then tweak the effects, etc.

If you're starting with a "default" blank Combi in the editor, and you can only get the first timbre to sound, it's probably because the other timbres are set to different MIDI channels. Go to timbre 2 and set its MIDI channel to 1 or Global, and make sure it's turned on (to INT or similar) as 4NDRW suggested, and you should hear both.

Good luck!

jg::
warmen69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks alot, that cleared up alot, and atleast you aren't being a dick about it. I will try and do what you suggested, but if there is anyone out there that can just tell me a step by step for the specific harpsichord / strings sound, that would be great.
Clauzii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: The Complete Voice List: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's packed with the X50, but download this PDF-file to see all samples, sounds, combis etc. in the X50:

Voice Name List - X50

You really should read at least the COMBI chapter in the manual, since You can do a LOT more than can be described here Smile Btw. I have the microX. Is the OS the same as X50, or does it have a different layout. If they are equal, I'll gladly explain how Smile[/url]
khortoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think not much effort has gone into writing x-50's manual... roland or alesis manuals even show you the basics of subtractive synthesis... U guys know of any other Korg model's manual which talks about sound engineering?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: