Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malfunctioning right channel - Triton ProX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad1701

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Malfunctioning right channel - Triton ProX Reply with quote

Hello,

I am the owner of a Triton ProX purchased in 1999. Earlier today, I discovered that the right channel of my keyboard seems not to be functioning.

At first I thought it might have been my speakers or my amp, but I plugged a functioning set of headphones into the front audio jack to test directly... and got the same result. I also tested with a single timbre on the user's slot, making sure the mixer was set to the center channel. Indeed, when I turned the mixer all the way to the right, the sound cut out almost completely--it's extremely quiet. It's definitely something in the machine.

So... I was wondering if there might be something I've missed, either in the settings or an external button. The prospect of taking it in somewhere or getting a new one doesn't thrill me, so I'd like to exhaust all the options first.

Thank you! Mods, feel free to move this if it's not quite in the right forum.

Brad
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The output board on the Triton is a separate unit that is easily repaired if your a little adventurous. So if you know your way around a soldering Iron, I'd recommend popping off the back and taking a look at the board for a dry joint, or something else obvious.

If that's not your think, then bring it in for repairs. This is not an expensive item to fix.

Regards.
Sharp..
brad1701

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Wow... thank you! That's a relief... the channel actually cut back in just tonight, but the fact that it's wonky at all probably is worth a checkup... I'm not an electrician, so it'll be the shop near me... thanks again! I appreciate it!

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: