Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects schemes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicradio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Effects schemes Reply with quote

Hello,

What do you all recommend for effects schemes? If I want to start putting a song together I often set my master effects to room reverb, and then I turn up the reverb time to 2.0 or somewhere near there, and then I chain it to comp>amp or comp>OD/hi gain. This gives everything a fuzzy, lo-fi, sound where all my sounds are in a far away space and place in time, sort of. I work on headphones, and psychologically this gives me enough distance to start playing around without the raw sounds right in my ear.

I really want a lo-fi, natural sound that I can apply to a lot of different songs. I'm not so interested in running a lot of different effects off of everything right away, and obviously there are limitations with the effects to I want to use them sparingly, but to their potential.

For instance, a lot of older dub reggae stuff has just this one, low fidelity drippy reverb and then the delays are played with, to great effect. This type of 'environment' seems like it would be easy to play around in.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: