Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy with Live 7 on Mac intel Leopard OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berlingoodman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Legacy with Live 7 on Mac intel Leopard OS Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a registered version of Legacy, the first edition with the MS-20 controller. I am able to use it with my iMac running Leopard OS...to a point.

MS-20 stand alone works ok, but won't allow me to input audio. The menu for input is always grayed out, no matter what settings I switch (I am using a Novation X-Station as a sound card.)

Also, I am using live 7, which sees Legacy as an instrument but not as an effect plug in. It always tells me it cannot load the audio unit.

Finally, does anyone know how to send MIDI from the MS-20 controller when you use the MS20 as an effect plug in, not as a soft synth. Is this possible?

Thank you!
Purefunk

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem.

Legacy Cell AU or VST will not work with Ableton 7 or 6.

Korg is very dissapponting when it come to update their software or hardware.

I have a Kontrol 49. I can use the Library to modify the keyboard scenes or anything else.

I had these problems over a year and they have not responded to any of them.

Shame.

I'm buying another controller.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Legacy with Live 7 on Mac intel Leopard OS Reply with quote

berlingoodman wrote:
Also, I am using live 7, which sees Legacy as an instrument but not as an effect plug in. It always tells me it cannot load the audio unit.

When you say iMac - is this an Intel iMac?

If so, the reason the plugins don't work is because you are running old PPC plugins on an Intel mac. You need to upgrade to the latest UB versions which contain Intel code, which will now run in an Intel host application.

The reason the standalone works is because it doesn't need to run as Intel code, and will thus run emulated under Rosetta (albeit with really bad performance.)

If you are running an Intel mac, *all* your plugins *need* to be Universal Binaries. PPC ones won't work.

Ignore the rubbish above about the Korg plugins not running in Live - they run just fun. You just need to have the right code for your computer.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purefunk wrote:
Legacy Cell AU or VST will not work with Ableton 7 or 6.

Absolute rot. They work just fine. You are probably trying to run old PPC plugins on a computer with an Intel processor. See my reply above.
berlingoodman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply guys..but I am still having trouble.

I updated to the RTAS Legacy 1.2...with the dongle etc. I'm getting the same problem. It works fine as a stand alone, but not as a plug in with Live 7. I get the message that it can't load the audio unit, neither as an instrument of an effect. Help!
RuneMK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Legacy with Live 7 on Mac intel Leopard OS Reply with quote

Ben Hall wrote:
berlingoodman wrote:

When you say iMac - is this an Intel iMac?

If so, the reason the plugins don't work is because you are running old PPC plugins on an Intel mac. You need to upgrade to the latest UB versions which contain Intel code, which will now run in an Intel host application.

The reason the standalone works is because it doesn't need to run as Intel code, and will thus run emulated under Rosetta (albeit with really bad performance.)

If you are running an Intel mac, *all* your plugins *need* to be Universal Binaries. PPC ones won't work.

Ignore the rubbish above about the Korg plugins not running in Live - they run just fun. You just need to have the right code for your computer.

Im having the exact same problem but how do i get KLC in UB?

THank you
berlingoodman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks, all. Got it working now. Reply with quote

Hi there,

The problem was I still had the old Korg plug ins installed even when I upgraded. For some reason they weren't copied over. I went through my hard drive, deleted everything that had to do with Legacy and started from scratch with the updater. Now it works great!

Thanks for all your help everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: