Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions about damper pedal and progr/combi change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: questions about damper pedal and progr/combi change Reply with quote

I've realised that the x50, unlike the x5d, doesn't let you hold a sound while sustaining it with the damper pedal and change to another one (be it prog or combi) and STILL be sounding!!!!
what I mean is, I used to play a sound with the x5d and let it going on with JUST the damper pedal while I pressed the number of another prog and it changed to the next (chosen) sound but the previous on KEPT going on!!!!

Is there a way to do this with x50???

Fernando

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... apparently no one's experienced this... BUT I HELP ON THIS ONEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

the thing is, I ACTUALLY NEED TO CHANGE COMBIS/PROGS from one to another during a song and leave the sound I was using running while holding it with the damper pedal and use MY HANDS (yeah...) to change the sound...

has this happened to anybody before??

asdasd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there are a few ways but none of them is easy (that comes to my mind anyway).

First way is to "build" both of the sounds in a combination and then just fade the 2nd sound in through the volume mixing table. This works pretty well if you don't combine 100 sounds. When you start the song or during chords you can press a few buttons to acess the volume tables. Other way is to use compressor or some FX that can control the volume of 2nd tone then you can assign it to a pedal or knob / mod wheel or whatever you want too.

2nd way is to use the line out (I belive this works?) cause the delay is caused by the FX switching. I am not sure about this, but anyway you would have to use external FX.

3rd way, buy a dealy pedal of some sort and set it to max delay so that the chord keeps holding itself through delay (yeah delays can be used as sustainers too Smile ), then use combi mode and simply do the splits / whatever you want. This too is pretty hard to pull off.
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, thanx a lot asdasd, but this is sth that truly baffles me: how can it be that the OLD x5d was cool about this (ie. you could let a sound running with the damper pedal and change it with the sole detail of having a change of fx), and the x50, which is supposed to be NEWER AND BETTER, doesn't let you!!!!!!!!

there has to be sth else to do...!!! Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: