Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Samples!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Sound Samples! Reply with quote

Hello,
I found three sounds that I always wanted on the website for Korg03R/W. The sounds I need are 72-74 (dan tranh, dan bau, dan nhi) in this file: xip05pgm.syx

The file is in .syx format. I have a KorgPa1X Pro so I don't think it will work. For those who are familiar wilth synths, could you help me or show me how to get those files into KorgPa1X format? (if that's even possible). Thanks a lot guys.
The link for the zip file is: More-03rw-sounds.zip from this website: http://sayersweb.com/korg03rw/.
Please help,
Ethan
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't load those files into anything other than a 03R.

So really the only way you will get those on your Pa1X is if someone with a 03R samples them for you.

Regards.
Sharp.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan,

I recall that designates a "sysex" file. Meaning system exclusive. System exclusive can be used to load new programs into a synth from another. Typically the sysex can be input from the "midi out" of the source synth to the "Midi in" of the receiving synth.

The sysex files can also be transfered by disk from one unit to another.

Since the architecture of different models is different, I think you are correct that it won't work. But what you should do is call Korg support first and ask them before you give up on the idea.

USA support # is 631-390-8737. They are in New York.

Ken
dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every sysex file contains specific bytes that tell the receiving synth what the originating synth's manufacturer name is and which model it was created on. If it's not the same manufacturer ID as the receiver's it's ignored. If it's not the same model as the receiver – or if it's not a close member of the same model "family" – then it's ignored.

The two synths in question are not in the same model family.

Kind regards.
Ethan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,
thanks for your help. I'll just find a way to sample it somehow. Those sounds are so difficult to find in the US but I always people play them on their keyboards. Thanks again!!!

Ethan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: