Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why not ilok
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
audiofeen



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: why not ilok Reply with quote

i want to know why you don't support the ilok system, i have spent so much money software , controller, upgrade/ update and now on a dongle..

I have been waiting over a year to use it and now i still cant use it
your website is not clear at all and there should be a list of dongles supported
in the korg net shop.

i was looking for how to install the license to my dongle and found out that i can't use it...
ilok is syncrosoft approved why don't you use it.....


maybe i'll just get a crack instead i might be able to use my software then gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Hall
Full Member


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ilok is syncrosoft approved"

They are nothing to do with each other - different technologies from completely different companies.

That's like saying "Ford is Toyota approved", it's meaningless.

Note: Syncrosoft has a better track record at keeping software secure than iLok.

"there should be a list of dongles supported"

Here is the full list of supported dongles:

- Syncrosoft

Also, note a Syncrosoft dongle is not an expensive device, and is required for a decent amount of software.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gravehill



Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: why not ilok Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
i want to know why you don't support the ilok system, i have spent so much money software , controller, upgrade/ update and now on a dongle..


In my DLC packaging there was a Syncrosoft dongle included. (Didn't need it as I already had one because of Cubase 4, though.) The installation took 5 minutes and no hassle. If your packaging didn't include the dongle for some reason, you can buy one in almost any music store for about 20 euro or so.

Personally I'm happy Korg decided to go with Syncrosoft instead of ILok, as ILok used to have a very bad reputation due to compatibility problems. Apparently they have managed to remedy the situation somewhat since then but I have no personal experience on that as all my dongled software uses Syncrosoft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Hall
Full Member


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the OP is annoyed because he bought the original KLC collection, then needed to buy the upgrade to the dongle-ized version, *and* buy a dongle too.

I'm sure the current boxed versions of the Analog Edition also come with slinkydongles too - it's the people with former non-dongled versions that are required to get a new dongle (if they don't have one already)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
audiofeen



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Ilok because i don't want to my dongle to get lost or stolen with all my software licenses on it as korg wont send you the license again.
i used to have my logic one insured but can't afford to do that anymore

I know you can buy a dongle for €17.00 or even cheaper, i didn't buy one of these because i didn't think it would suffice.

The Information for supported dongles is not clearly listed on the korg website/ web shop as it should be like when you buy a car it says on the fuel tank that it's diesel or petrol,
korg's website is badly laid out and unclear as to what needs to happen and not providing a proper service for the customers that are supporting the company instead of the many wasters using cracked versions.

i mad because i have spent more money on this completely useless product trying to upgrade it than it would cost to buy it again. i.e. €107.00 from a uk web site and thats with a dongle in the box???????
i don't want a useless keyboard controller

I'm a honest person and use legitimate software that i have paid for myself and i have spent a lot on it i.e. Logic pro 7, logic studio, ableton live 7 and since version 5. arturia products (that use elicenser but dont need a dongle) and many other.

I have been a year waiting trying to get this to work, 8 months of that were spent pissing around waiting for tech support to tell me that i couldn't use it on a universal binary mac. and then when they do make an update
i have to pay for it and buy a dongle..... more money wasted



all i want to do is use the software before it's considered a classic in it's own right Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinHines
Platinum Member


Joined: 21 Jan 2003
Posts: 2975
Location: Topeka, KS (USA)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audiofeen,

Unfortunately due to software piracy, many companies (including Korg) have felt the need to move to USB key-based protection (either the PACE iLok system or the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser system).

Korg did create some confusion by first releasing the Original KLC-1 using a challenge/response system then changing it to Syncrosoft dongle, but that couldn't be helped given the original KLC-1 was being stolen left and right (via warez sites).

I am a little confused about your comment of having to spend 107 pounds to upgrade. The FAQ below describes what you need to do to make your original KLC-1 Mac Intel compatible:
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/faq.asp

Basically, it should have only cost you $15 to upgrade to KLC v1.2 (the Syncrosoft dongle version) plus the cost of a Syncrosoft dongle (if you didn't own one already). The upgrade to KLC-AE2007 (which added the Mono/Poly) should have cost around $99.

I would urge you to contact your Country Korg Product support on the phone to get help in getting everything set up correctly.


Just FYI, there is no crack for KLC-AE2007 nor the most current version of KLC-DE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
higskies
Senior Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 258
Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

I would urge you to contact your Country Korg Product support on the phone to get help in getting everything set up correctly.

When I called Korg, they told me it was a problem with Syncrosoft's software. Syncrosoft never called me back. So I called Korg back. I told them Syncrosoft will not contact me. They said that they couldn't help me. I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and I cannot begin to express my deepest dissatisfaction with the way I have been handled.

I manage a Fortune 500 company. If one of my departments were performing poorly, I'd re-evaluate the processes that they are to function within. If one of my products was sub-standard, I wouldn't sell it. After that, I'd start replacing the people on my payroll that aren't taking care of my customers. Without my loyal customers, I wouldn't have a job, so I do everything I can to keep them happy and returning and SPENDING THEIR MONEY!!! I guess Korg doesn't need my money anymore. Unfortunately, the ONLY solution I have been offered is buying another brand.
_________________
DEVICE - CLICK HERE!
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
audiofeen



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Audiofeen,

Unfortunately due to software piracy, many companies (including Korg) have felt the need to move to USB key-based protection (either the PACE iLok system or the Syncrosoft USB eLicenser system).

Korg did create some confusion by first releasing the Original KLC-1 using a challenge/response system then changing it to Syncrosoft dongle, but that couldn't be helped given the original KLC-1 was being stolen left and right (via warez sites).

I am a little confused about your comment of having to spend 107 pounds to upgrade. The FAQ below describes what you need to do to make your original KLC-1 Mac Intel compatible:
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/faq.asp

Basically, it should have only cost you $15 to upgrade to KLC v1.2 (the Syncrosoft dongle version) plus the cost of a Syncrosoft dongle (if you didn't own one already). The upgrade to KLC-AE2007 (which added the Mono/Poly) should have cost around $99.

I would urge you to contact your Country Korg Product support on the phone to get help in getting everything set up correctly.


Just FYI, there is no crack for KLC-AE2007 nor the most current version of KLC-DE.





i meant that i could buy the whole product with the dongle for €107.00 from dv247.com

i find this very disappointing as i have spent more than that and think that korg should help there user's that just want to use the product rather than charge them for their lack of planing in making the software secure.


i appreciate everyones comments even the one's that have been patronizing me.

is there anyone using an ilok with this product, i had seen another user recommending this system instead of the syncrosoft dongle, if there is can you tell me how you got it to work.


thanks audiofeen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Hall
Full Member


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again (without patronising) - iLoks and Syncrosoft dongles are *completely different* technologies.

You cannot use an iLok with a Syncrosoft protected product, or vice versa. If you knew the sophistication of the encrypted code wrapping and that the technologies are *very* different indeed you would see that.

A donlge-protected product is specifically engineered for one particular system, whether iLok, Syncrosoft, XSkey, Hasp, or whatever. These systems are completely different and not interchangable.

A Syncrosoft-protected program will not, *ever* work with an iLok, or vice versa. Seriously, stop even thinking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
audiofeen



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Hall wrote:


A donlge-protected product is specifically engineered for one particular system, whether iLok, Syncrosoft, XSkey, Hasp, or whatever. These systems are completely different and not interchangable.




if the web site clearly said that you can not use ilok or any other product i probably would not be in this situation now and would be happily using the software.

thanks Ben for the clarification i was so mad when i couldn't use it i thought it was something i was doing wrong, as i had seen other posts on this forum about the ilok a few months ago and from this i thought that people were using it but i obviously had either read them wrong or the people didn't quite know what they were talking about.
I just wish i had asked you guys first if this is the right product to use
as i thought that they were just different company's making the same
tool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Hall
Full Member


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
if the web site clearly said that you can not use ilok or any other product i probably would not be in this situation now and would be happily using the software.


I understand, but in this case (other issues aside) you have assumed something that is categorically wrong based on hearsay and not facts, and that's what's caused you some problems.

After all, the Toyota website doesn't specifically say that Ford keys don't open their car doors - that doesn't mean you should assume they will... Wink

Hope you get all these installation issues behind - once you installed and authorised, the instruments are fab... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
audiofeen



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Hall wrote:

After all, the Toyota website doesn't specifically say that Ford keys don't open their car doors - that doesn't mean you should assume they will... Wink


yeah i know it's good otherwise i would have sold it on to someone else (but cant transfer the license so am stuck with it regardless).


I think korg shouldn't be selling the klc-1 with the controller as it's not operational out of the box but maybe to sell it with free update and a dongle added into the package (obviously charge what is required to do so).
as it's still available on some music sites. (i had bought mine long before by the way)



again thanks for your help


p.s. do you have a thing about cars ???
always with the car analogy's Smile although once i had calmed down about the whole thing i did find it funny Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ben Hall
Full Member


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
I think korg shouldn't be selling the klc-1 with the controller as it's not operational out of the box


Yeah, this is aproblem when the copy protection systems change, and shops are selling selling old stock. It's unfortunate...

audiofeen wrote:
but maybe to sell it with free update and a dongle added into the package (obviously charge what is required to do so).


Well, they really can't go back and collect all the old boxes, open them, pop free stuff in, then ship them back out again. And bear in mind there really aren't many of the original KLC collections in shops anyway.

The current KLC collection includes the dongle.

audiofeen wrote:
p.s. do you have a thing about cars ???
always with the car analogy's Smile


Hehe - in the world of computers, a car analogy *always* works... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinHines
Platinum Member


Joined: 21 Jan 2003
Posts: 2975
Location: Topeka, KS (USA)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
yeah i know it's good otherwise i would have sold it on to someone else (but cant transfer the license so am stuck with it regardless).


Audiofeen,

Do you have a Syncrosoft dongle? Have you tried to upgrade to v1.2 so it can run on your IntelMac?

Both the KLC-1 and KLC-DE products sound great, so I would suggest trying to get them installed and working on your system.

There are thousands of people who are using these products successfuly, so I think Korg support probably should be able to help you get the product running.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MartinHines
Platinum Member


Joined: 21 Jan 2003
Posts: 2975
Location: Topeka, KS (USA)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

higskies wrote:

When I called Korg, they told me it was a problem with Syncrosoft's software. Syncrosoft never called me back. So I called Korg back. I told them Syncrosoft will not contact me. They said that they couldn't help me. I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and I cannot begin to express my deepest dissatisfaction with the way I have been handled.


Can you provide some additional specifics regarding your problem? I am running both KLC-AE2007 and KLC-DE on a Windows XP machine with no problems.

1. Are you running on Windows Vista?

2. Have you tried installing the most current Sycrosoft software?
http://www.syncrosoft.com/Download-78-11.html

3. Where do you have problems? Installing KLC-DE? Installing the Syncrosoft driver? Getting Sonar to recongize the VST plugin? When you launch the Syncrosoft License Control Center (LCC) can you "see" the KLC-DE license?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group