Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parts-playing using Korg X-50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
since1982

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Parts-playing using Korg X-50 Reply with quote

Hi folks! sorry another question abt the X50...

has anyone figured out a way to quickly change tones/combinations (sorry not sure what terms i should use here..) on the X50? say for example, if you need a split keyboard for piano on the lower keys and strings on the upper keys and then for the very next moment you'll need strings on the lower keys and woodwind on the upper keys.. is there a way to change from one combination to the next immediately?

so far i've only figured out how to summon solo programmes within a combi, or to 'mute' the other programmes by changing from INT to OFF modes.. but it takes time! :S

also since i'll be playing many different songs (each requiring different combinations) i doubt it'll be a good idea to add these to favourites since i'll have to change the favourites every time i play a different song..

if someone has discovered a more immediate direct way please do share. thanks! (:
4NDRW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're going to have to rearrange patches, and overwrite some that you dont think you'll use. *hates overwriting patches*
build up the setups you want as different combi's
split the way you want them, with the sounds you want

in the short term, search for the thread on using favourites, and you can do that.

a more permanent solution is to arrange all these combi's in a line
name them songtitle then a number
then stomp on a switch pedal when you need to change to the next patch.

for example, in praetorian for the song Night
i have

Night1 - strings
Night2 - choir
Night3 - strings

i've repeated the same strings patch for night1 and 3, but this makes it easier to navigate through them live.
i just have to remember to stomp on a pedal between certain sections.
some songs in the set have up to 9 patch changes.
maybe cycling between 4 different patches in some crazy order.
if you want to be pedantic you can arrange it all in the order of your set
i dont bother as i find moving patches on that keyboard time consuming and the set list changes often.[/i]
since1982

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4NDREW, tks for your comments. i haven't thought abt using the foot pedal as a switch but i think i'll need to try that soon, since you make it sound more convenient!

yup i've thought abt using the Favourites function too.. and it seems unavoidable now since there's no easy way to mute a certain programme when needed..

thanks i'll be trying to name the combis as you suggested!

btw when you mentioned patch does it mean the programme, or the combi? i'm finding it hard to catch up to keyboard-speak sometimes..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: