Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe MIDI Connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robotmonster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you sync an em-1 to an es-1 ?
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robotmonster wrote:
How do you sync an em-1 to an es-1 ?

as it describes in the manual: connect with a midi cable and set Clock=Ext on the receiving electribe
Mr.H

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I somehow missed this in the manual but can a midi keyboard (connected to MX-1) only control synth part 1 or is there a way to switch it to parts 2-5?
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you missed it, p79 in the section called MIDI mode (what a crazy place to hide it!)

each part has its own midi channel

set the keyboard to send on whatever channel corresponds to the part you want to play
Mr.H

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha.... guess I need to learn to read. Thanks for the help!
spiderbaby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setsonics posted some good info tho it was not entirely helpful.

i followed the instructions to connect my esx to the mk step by step several times but came up a little short. i found that if i plugged in a second midi cable i could use my mk to control the keyboard patches on the esx.. but when i tried the suggested method with one cable the mk did not connect. is there something that i am missing?

thanks for the help i was thrilled with the baby step but am looking forward to getting this done so i can start writting.. cheers!
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you've got the first cable in the wrong midi sockets, and the second one is right!

to control the ESX from the MK you go from the MK's MIDI OUT to the ESX MIDI IN

is that what you've done?
spiderbaby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that current configuration i can play the keyboard patch from the esx by way of the mk's keyboard.. should something else be done to hear the individual patches from the mk played through the esx?

i went through the step by steps of pressing shift 15, changing the xoxo formation and all that good stuff as posed on the second post in this thread.

i appreciate the help!
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderbaby wrote:
in that current configuration i can play the keyboard patch from the esx by way of the mk's keyboard.. should something else be done to hear the individual patches from the mk played through the esx?

oh ... you want the MK's sounds to come out of the ESX? you're in the wrong thread, MIDI doesn't do that. MIDI is not audio. To get the MK sounds out of the ESX you need to run audio cables from the MK's audio output, to the ESX audio input, and use the Audio Thru feature.

MIDI is not audio. MIDI never has been audio. MIDI never will be audio.

Please read http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_get_started_with_midi.html
Louigi Verona

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Oxygen 8 v2 keyboard. All I want to do is play notes on it, I do not need any knob assignment. I make sure the channels are correct, Midi OUT from Oxygen goes to Midi IN of Electribe, but no notes are triggered. What should I do?

I did try to go to midi filter and set it to xoxo like in the tutorial, but it changed nothing.
gotBASS?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe ensure that your Oxygen midi keyboard is set to the correct channel (1 to 5) and that it is not set to USB mode? I accidentally set it to USB-out mode, somehow, and this led to about a day trying to troubleshoot midi cables and sockets one handed, while pulling my hair out with the other, until I finally realised what I might have done!
Louigi Verona

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding!
Yeah, the problem was in USB-out setting. I changed it and now everything works.
nateddog29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: midi through? Reply with quote

Hi guys -

I just bought a drum machine (yamaha dt express) and am pretty thoroughly versed with my sx for sampling, and midi (generally) but am a bit confused with my sx midi implementation.

the short version is the midi through doesn't seem to be working properly. am I missing a setting or something? I have my dtexpress set to channel 10. when plugged into the inport of the sx (drum parts also set to channel 10) the sx sounds the samples as supposed. The sx then runs into my usb controller and runs into a software vst host. The sx midi output runs into the computer fine (I can press a trigger and hear sound from the software vst). All pieces are set to the same channel. Regardless of whether I attach the midi from my dt express into the sx's input or throughput port, I can not achieve audio output by the vst (from the dt express drum pads). It's almost as if there's some sort of midi switch or latch that is keeping input/throughput from making it to the output of the sx. I tried changing the clock in the global settings, and also every other settting I could find. nada.

does anyone have any ideas? the ideal situation - to my thought - was to be able to use the dt express drum pads to trigger samples on the sx, and also have the option to trigger samples in the software. I can set it to send to the software first, but it'd kind of defeat the purpose, since the sx is my "on-the-fly" sampling machine.

Thanks for your help,

nate
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI THRU is an output, but it sounds like you're using it as an input

I think you want to connect the DT OUT to the ESX IN, then the ESX THRU to the computer
nateddog29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: midi through Reply with quote

aha! i knew it must be something simple. Thanks for the reply.

I'll check that out later on when I get home then. One quick question is does the sx then use that through port as an additional output, or is that reserved only for the midi out?

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: