Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA800 OR PA1X?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: PA800 OR PA1X? Reply with quote

What are some of the differences and which is better?

PA800 VS. PA1X
OmarNoori

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm...

pa800 has 64mb ram vs. pa1x which has 32mb if u upgrade it.
pa800 has a better sound engine (EDS)
pa800 is lighter
pa800 has usb port for thumb drives
pa1x has slider for ur parts

there are other small details aswell check on www.korgpa.com for a comparison chart Very Happy .

Korg Pa800
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also PA1X can take optional internal cd-recorder, has better and more powerful internal speakers, spdif output, 4-part voice harmonizer (PA800 is 3-part) with voice modelling as optional upgrade, can hold 2 optional exb cards...

Regards,
Dimitris
naw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses, I noticed the PA800 does have really weak speakers. I have a Technics KN7000 currently and the speakers get 2-3 times louder than the PA800.

Thanks
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find PA800 speakers good enough, by the way!

Dimitris
naw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not bad at all, I just got mine yesterday. Tthe one I was playing at guitar center the sounds were tweaked out and the speaker volume was very low...So I thought that was how they were.

Naw
essi124

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Ehs@n Music Reply with quote

Hello!
pa800 is beter than pa1x or even pa1xpro!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used Pa1X Pro and love a lot of things about it. But . . .

The touch screen is a pig. In a gig situation where you only have a split second to make a change that screen is too unresponsive, especially in the small checkboxes - not even close to my i30. It may be a case of too many choices on the screen and, no I don't have huge fingers.

I happened to be playing around on a Pa500 in a local store recently and the touch screen was as light as a feather. If the Pa800 is like that, then that's what's next on my shopping list.
milo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm Giner i don´t got that problem...did you try a other pa1xpro??
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Milo,

In all fairness, no I haven't tried another Pa1X Pro, so I suppose it's possible that mine isn't right, although I was told after I had bought it that a sluggish screen was a characteristic of the Pa1X Pro. I haven't seen any others in stores and it's doubtful that I will now. It's too bad there's no touch sensitivity adjustment in the board. Glad you don't have the same problem.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to calibrate the PA1X touch screen to your finger tip. Once this is done then it works fine. If that still doesnt work then touch the screen with the back of your finger nail this gets 100% immediate response every time. Also the PA1X internal speakers are outstanding and way beyond the capabilty of the PA800.

Here is a clip of my choir singing a song called 'Praise is what i do' all the music you are hearing is coming from the PA1X speakers ONLY !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVU4lzgf5f4&feature=channel_page

here is another link of me jamming on the PA1X with some other musicians just using the PA1X internal speakers at about 60% volume. The bass player in the clip has his bass going through an amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGyIf0ozQ&feature=channel
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth,
Yep, I did the calibration thing, but I thought that was meant for visual sharpness rather than for sensitivity. Was I missing something to adjust calibration for touch sensitivity? Can you give some details on doing this, it might keep me from shelling out for a Pa800.Very Happy
Cheers, Giner
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. Touch the Global button. Then touch the " Touch Panel Calibration " option . Then a cross will. appear in the right corner of your screen. Touch it with your finger tip lightly. It will then move to another corner of the screen. Touch it again with your finger tip lightly. It will repeat this until all 4 corners of the screen have been calibrated. then touch the save option in the top middle of the screen and the touch screen will be calibrated to your touch. If the screen still does not respond immiediately to your touch simply touch the screen with the back of your finger nail tip and it should work. Dont shell out any more money on another arranger until you have fully explored the PA1X. I have had mine 4-5 years and have still only discovered about 60% of what this incredible machine can do. The PA800 is a step back as far as i am concerned in terms of live performanceand the new DNC sounds are its only saving grace. The PA2X has lots of potential but sonically (apart from the DNC sounds) you will struggle to hear ANY DIFFERENCE between it and the PA1X. Go to the Korg site and play the demos of the PA2X and the PA1X. They are identical for many of them.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, worth. I love this Pa1XPro and fully agree with your comments. I won't be home until later this month, so I'll try your suggestions re. calibration then. Thanks again, Giner.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just noticed that the PA1X demos have been taken down from the Korg website. Thats a good move by Korg as its clear from the demos, and the specs that you are not getting much more from the PA2X compared to the PA1X.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: