Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO Sound after upgrade and update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith5599

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: NO Sound after upgrade and update Reply with quote

Hi, this is one of the most helpful forums I have seen, and the people seem so nice.This is my problem,I installed the moss-tri,Di-tri,PBS-tri and HDR-tri and updated the os to 3.11 from 2.2. all in one day.Its a Pro x ,I also loaded the factory presets for V3.Now I dont have any sound.When I turn it on it says V3 with di,pbs and hdr.In global "Local Control" is checked on.Can anyone help.
Keith5599

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to test mode and did an internal test and every thing came back ok it even recognized the V3 update but still no sound.
steve m

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you had a look to make sure you didn't disturb the wiring to the output card when you installed the options. Does the headphone output work ?

Hopefully it's just something silly and you get it working again quickly.

Good Luck.

Kurzweil K2000, Yamaha CS1X, Minimoog, Oasys76, GEM Promega 3, Korg PA3X, Kurzweil PC3K8
Too many toys are never enough!
Keith5599

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Steve. No the headphone jack isnt working.
steve m

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

I have taken a look at the service manual schematics and it appears that the audio L/R signal for the Main L/R output and Headphones goes via the volume slider on the front panel. However outputs 3/4 don't, so are you able to check if 3 and 4 work ? Can you assign something to outputs 3 and 4 and have a listen there ?

If 3/4 work it narrows down our search a bit. If so, carefully check all the connections around the volume slider and trace the wiring back to the audio D to A convertor board and the main output board. ( according to the schematics, the LR main audio comes from a Digital to Analog convertor board to the volume slider and then from there to the main output board and headphones. ) I must admit I have not had cause to open up my Trinity, and the real guts of it may not exactly transpose from the schematics, but any information is better than none.

Report back and we can go from there.

Kurzweil K2000, Yamaha CS1X, Minimoog, Oasys76, GEM Promega 3, Korg PA3X, Kurzweil PC3K8
Too many toys are never enough!
Keith5599

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve today I took it to an authorized Korg service center.I will post what they tell me,maybe someone can learn from my mistake.Thanks again.
simus35

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you make update os, after that you need to reload all the sound inside
Alesis S4 + with 8 meg flash ram and hip hop card
Yamaha DX7'S, TG-77, TG-33,TG500(with 2 memory card)
E-MU E64(with 64 meg, 2 gig HDD)
and my dream is to have Roland Jupiter 8 and of course the korg Karma
Nobbi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small story to show how silly some errors (and how stupid a user) can be:

When I tried to repair a loose contact on the Trinity's headphone PCB some years ago, I noticed afterwards that one of the stereo channels had gone. My immediate connection was: headphone repaired -> damaged something else in the audio path. I then took apart almost the whole Trinity and in my clumsiness REALLY damaged it and had to send it to Korg for a rather expensive repair. But before I sent it, I found the original reason why the stereo channel was missing: When turning the Trinity upside down to open it, I had placed it on a hard surface (I still wonder why) and the weight of the synth had bent the main volume slider sideways so that it lost contact. That was all and it could have been fixed in minutes, but I was too blind to see it.
Keith5599

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am back.I picked up my trinity yesterday from the service shop.I didnt get to talk to the tech. who worked on the keyboard but another tech. who was somewhat familar with it.The work order said "Disassembled for troubleshooting,fixed knocking F&G keys,resoldier word clock connector,reinstalled o.s.,reassembled & tested".I messed up the two keys when I reassembled it.I didnt do a good job of soldiering either but from what I gather it was the installation of the o.s. that went wrong somewhere but not 100% sure.Anyway its working good and the sounds are cool.One of the tech. told me not to try that type of upgrade on my own but leave it to techs.Its easy to mess up something on the trinity when you dont know what your doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: