Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help a newbie!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Please help a newbie! Reply with quote

Hey everybody-- I'm totally new to the forums and I have a really important question. I've been playing drums and bass guitar for over 10 years now, but I have recently been getting into a lot of electronic music, and decided that I wanted to create my own.

At the advice of a friend, I purchased an Electribe EMX-1, a KAOSS pad 3 with the Kaossilator synth, and a Roland SP-404 sampler to use for learning and performing electronic music live.

The problem is: I have no idea how to connect/use all these devices with each other! I have a couple of dual midi cables and a couple of dual RCA cables, does anybody have any advice as to what would be the best way to connect all these devices with each other would be?

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you spend the money on something someone else tells you you should buy? You can't just learn to connect and make music on all that gear at once... return all of it except for the emx and start learning.

I refuse to further answer this question.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
digitalv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are differnt ways of connecting up the gear depending on your needs, but i think ruso hit the nail on the head (albeit a bit abrubtly) in that you have chucked yourself in the deep end with all that kit. You need to learn one of your machines (emx is best) and THEN decide what other things you want to expand your sound. If you try and learn all that lot at once all you will get is a headache!!
Zeeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are very right-- I might have been a little bit overzealous and jumped into things headfirst. I figured that since I'm a very competent musician I would be able to learn things pretty easily, but I'm realizing that electronic music is a very different ballgame.

In light of this, I went ahead and returned the Roland SP-404. I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews around about it too.

However, I do want to keep the Kaoss pad. Now while I appreciate your bluntness, any help as to how the best way would be to utilize the KAOSS pad and the EMX together would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you guys were rookies once too.

Thanks for the help.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In light of this, I went ahead and returned the Roland SP-404. I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews around about it too.

good for you, the sp404 sucks balls... it's the most basic sampler. What you see is really what it is.

connect midi out from emx to kp3 midi in... connect audio 1/2 out into kp3 audio in. Connect kp3 audio out to pc or mixer whatever you want to connect to.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: