Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Pad Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Music Pad Pro Reply with quote

Has anyone here used a Music Pad Pro? I would like to hear from anyone who has actually owned one before I buy one.

Hammer
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Musicpad Pro Reply with quote

I play in a duo with a sax/clarinet player. He uses a musicpad pro.
He uses it to display sheet music of the sax/clarinet parts for the more complicated songs. (We play songs all the way back to the 30's. 40's, 50s etc...) I play keyboards and am also interested in buying one. I called up and talked to them about it. The current Musicpad pros are 12" diagonal.
That requires you to scale down scanned sheet music or lead sheets a little so they will display properly. The new musicpad pros (maybe 6 months to a year away) will use 15" diagonal screens. This move to 15" diagonal screens is only because the 12" are being phased out in the industry. Another industry note is that Best Buy wants to market the musicpad pro, but they want it at a $699 price point. Although they want to do that they are not sure they will be able to lower the price that much.
So I am on the fence at the moment about it. I think it is a great item. And I want to get one soon. I also looked into a software program that sells for about $99 bucks that does the same thing, however you have to use a laptop or buy a tablet PC. After buying the tablet PC you are into about the same money...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: