Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator does a Plastikman cover (Ping Pong)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrondC

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator does a Plastikman cover (Ping Pong) Reply with quote

so, today I got sick and tired of reading for my exams, and sat down to jam a little on the Koassilator. what I soon discovered was that with the exeption of that dark string sound and the 32 bar loop of the original, the kaossilator did a pretty cool little impression of Plastikman's "Ping Pong"

here's the recipie:

-D86 (bassdrum) select Arp/gate 03 (4x4) and record a 16 bar loop
-D87, layer this with the Bassdrum (arp 3) for a couple of rounds, move your finger just a little to give some variation to the sound. makes the bassdrum sound a little more interesting
-S77, go to the highest key (C upper), and tap in at the top right corner on 3,8,11 and 15

Use B43 for the "lead/bassline" that makes the "melody" of this track.
select Arp 01 and record first 8 hits on C middle and 8 notes on C lower.

and there you have the loop. I tried to find a suitable sound for the electric string/pad sound that is used in the original track, but there were few that fit, either totally wrong kind of sound or just too loud. I really wish there was a way to control the volume of each part.

SO, there it is, hope you enjoy Wink

http://www11.nrk.no/urort/Artist/KaostaSiestillator/default.aspx

"lytt" means "Listen" and "last ned" means "Download"
this above link is the page where I put all my kaossilator stuff and demos and whatnot, check out www.myspace/siestasubmarina for my main project Smile

www.myspace.com/SiestaSubmarina
http://siestasubmarina.bandcamp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: