Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T1 patch in M1 VSTi ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: T1 patch in M1 VSTi ? Reply with quote

recently i checked out KORG T1 88 key at the local store, I really loved the "Piano Pad" sounds and few others.

does M1 VSTi, M1 Le VSTi, M1 or 01/w or rack versions, have "piano pad" patch?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M1 VSTi has all the M&T Series Factory sounds, additional Program cards, and PCM cards. Everything KORG ever made for the M&T Series.

The sound your referring can be found on the M Series card 2, program number 21. Also know as the M1EX Factory sounds

So yep... it's there. Really nice sound too.

Regards.
Sharp.
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the difference between M1 and M1 Le ?

does M1 (or M1 LE) VSTi also include 01/w Sounds?
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M1 LE is a cut down version of the M1, and is limited to one instance only - you can't open multiple M1 LE's in a song.

The M1 contains the engines from the M- and T-series.

The 01/W is a different (more advanced engine) and has different samples.

The Legacy Digital Edition is not a software 01/W, it's a software M1/T3 and Wavestation.
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
The sound your referring can be found on the M Series card 2, program number 21. Also know as the M1EX Factory sounds

Interesting...

My card 2 patch 21 is called "Pad Piano", not "Piano Pad".
I do have a "Piano Pad", but it is a Combi and is on card 7 patch 41.

Are there different versions of the M1 around?
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mistake..
the patch is actually "Pad Piano" (not Piano Pad) that i heard in T1
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pad Piano" is the more interesting of the two sounds, so you picked the right one.
mgranse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of M1 patches, I played lead guitar for a band in 1990 and every now and then I would play the M1 a bit after rehearsals. There was a patch, I think it was a combination and it might have involved an expansion card, and the name of this was MAGIC ROAD. Was this something that our keyboard player invented or does this patch exist somewhere out there?
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch M05 21 "MagicRoad"

Just another M1-style electric piano. On the "Drums" card, funnily enough. That the one?
mgranse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is the one. I just bought a used Korg K61 controller for $73 (this did not come with the M1 LE or other software, but for $73 I can not complain) and I was thinking about getting the Korg Legacy software. The MagicRoad sound was my absolute favorite, and the idea of being able to get that after 18 years of being distracted by other pursuits is very appealing!!

Thanks for letting me know that the sound really exists and that I was not remembering a different patch from a different synth!

The band also had a Korg Sampling Grand, a Roland S-50 (I think), an Oberheim Matrix 1000, an Ensoniq SQ1, and a few other boards and modules, so it would have been very easy to have confused this with something from the other synths, or worse a COMBINATION of synths.
Etaoin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgranse wrote:
Thanks for letting me know that the sound really exists and that I was not remembering a different patch from a different synth!

It could still be a completely different sound from what you remember it to be Wink
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what keyboards, the sounds aren't included in M1 vst.
OASYS , M3 and Triton are obvious.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vadim wrote:
from what keyboards, the sounds aren't included in M1 vst.
OASYS , M3 and Triton are obvious.

M1/M1r/M1 EX/M3r
T1/T2/T3
All the Korg-produced M1-series PCM/Data cards
All the Korg-produced T-series PCM/Data disks

All that stuff is in the Legacy M1. Anything else... isn't.
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the only diference between M1le vst and M1 vst is that M1 Le can be opened in one instance?

but M1Le vst has all the sounds that M1 Vst has?
mjammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vadim wrote:
so the only diference between M1le vst and M1 vst is that M1 Le can be opened in one instance?

but M1Le vst has all the sounds that M1 Vst has?

Nope, the M1 Le has access to only a small fraction of the sounds that the M1 Legacy software has.

By the way guys thanks for sharing your favorite sounds - The Magic Road Piano sounds exactly like the one SWV used in thier song 'Weak' some time ago. I am a real fan of the M1 keyboard since 1989 or 1990. I like its design- the way it looked compared to others at the time. (which is only beaten by the oasys today) I was even intrigued by the font that korg used to write korgM1. It look so cool at the time. The M1 looked so futuristic at the time with far far less hardware buttons than its competitors. The thing just looked great - black with a smooth surface and cute rectangular screen with lime green back light. And the sounds were just awsome especialy the compressed acoustic pianos; no other keyboards -even today has those piano sounds. Korg has been truly been a leader since then- every band had this black keyboard with KorgM1 in this futuristic font labeled on the front. The M1 was simply my dream keyboard -just that I could not afford it. Then they were newer siblings which never really impressed me in form or factor.

Then Last year I went to buy myself a new keyboard for Christmas -This would be a replacement to the one I owned a couple of years or so.

I stumbled upon this white keyboard that looked like a giant harmonica.
The sales rep told me its a midi controller and that music producers use things like these to make 'Hot Music' and that it will make me a popular music producer as it is sold with the Korg M1 Le software(laugh). Did he say M1? Yes he did, hence I bought it (K49 controller ) Well I still wanted to be a music producer even though I am now in finance. He then told me to come back in 2 months time for the real rig(M1 Legacy Collection) to work with the K49 midi controller time when I finsih exploring the M1 Le software. Seeing the black package in the store with the M1 label with the same font used on the M1 keyboard, I went back and purchased the Korg Legacy Collection in 2 days instead of 2 months. Believe me to this day I am still happy with the Korg legacy collection Digital Edition.

However, even though the sounds on the M1 software are real great replicas of the original and seem to be a lot more I don't get to explore the M1 software as I should because of the following reasons:
1) A whole lot of sounds- I am sure the hardware never had so much sounds shipped with it.

2)The INCLUDED WAVESTATION SOFTWARE!
Never know this thing existed until I saw the software version.
Well I became attracted to it by the way it looked on my computer screen.
It just looked cute with a big A_ _ screen with the sound bank listed. It looked like a puffed up M1 keyboard- but it wasn't.

This thing shed a new light on sound design and vectoring. Its just awesome, a real challenge to work around though, but its truly awsome.
I tought it was a new innovation from Korg but only a bit disappointed to find that that I am truly amazed by something that really existed in the early 1990's. The sounds and performances from the wavestation behave like those in movie films and sound soundtracks which would suggest that it must have been a popular tool among film music produers. I have been testdriving newer keyboards and newer software synths but I am still not moved. The Korg wavestaton Legacy is one of the best for Hip Hop,R&B ,Film ,Gospel, Dance, Trance, Reggae,Electronica - Its clumsy to program- but just fall in love with the big A_ _ Blue screen and spend some time exploring it and you'll be glad you did. Just explore the performance and wavesequences and you will come up with something interesting. It is even greater when combined with the sounds of the M1 in a sequencer program.
After reading this post I will devote some more time to the M1 sofware as there a lot of sounds to learn.
For live performance the Sofware M1 and Wavestation will run rings around any Keyboard in hardware form as long as your computer is up to it. I have had only one failure; my computer wasn't up to it that night.
Sorry about the lengthy bio or user review as this post turned out to be - I am just passionate about the M1, M1 sofware, the Wavestation Software and awesome sounds.

* Will still buy a M1 keyboard one day though -just for its form factor -If I can find one for sale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: