Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why must I be connected to the Internet to use KLC???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slirak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Why must I be connected to the Internet to use KLC??? Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm new to this forum but have been using the original KLC w/MS20i controller for a couple of years.

Recently, I decided it was time to do "the big re-installation" so I formatted my hard drive and went through all the usual stuff.

I installed KLC v 1.1.10 (the final challenge/response version), re-issued the authorization code and all went well - or so I thought.

But now I must be connected to the Internet whenever I load a KLC plugin! Else, it tells me my copy isn't authorized. Surely this isn't the way it's supposed to work, is it?

Has anybody experienced this? Any tips?

I use Win XP SP2 and Ableton Live 7.02.

/Jonas
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Korg Product Support.

You should not have to be connected to the Internet to use the KLC product.

Something is messing up your authorization, since it appears you authorize, then the software thinks you haven't.
higskies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My troubles have never ended with Korg software. When I contact Korg for support, they tell me to go to syncrosoft, who do not respond to me. GOOD LUCK! (I still can't use my legitimate software)
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
slirak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

Something is messing up your authorization, since it appears you authorize, then the software thinks you haven't.

Yeah, I'd better contact the support, but I was hoping this was a known issue with a simple solution. Thing is, a friend of mine is having the exact same problem and he did contact the support (in Sweden, where we both live) - who couldn't help, thank you very much for nothing!

The weird thing is, as long as I'm connected to the net, no problem. I'm not asked to authorize or anything, it works just as if it alreday is.

It worked fine with v 1.1.9 and I actually have saved my license key for that version, so possibly, I could get that version to authorize. Unfortunately I haven't saved the actual v 1.1.9 file so if any of you folks happen to have it and are willing to share it, please PM me! I can't imagine this would be a breach of the license agreement - I'm not asking for a cracked version or anything and would still have to pass the authorization process. (I do have the version from the original CD but that's a really early version and quite a lot was changed in later updates.)

Thanks
/Jonas
zerocrossing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm livid. I can put the same key number in and get two different responses from the software. If I'm connected it says, "Thanks for registering!" If I'm not it says, "Key invalid" or something like that. Quite obviously it's connecting to a Korg server somewhere checking to see what I'm up to EVERY time I launch my LEGAL software. I'm livid. You know who isn't having this problem and using the KLC-1? The person who's using the cracked version. I'll say it 100 times: Draconian piracy protection like this ONLY makes it a pain in the ass for PAYING CUSTOMERS. To the person who said, "send a message to Korg support..." I can't even find a link for that it's buried so deep.

slirak wrote:
MartinHines wrote:

Yeah, I'd better contact the support, but I was hoping this was a known issue with a simple solution. Thing is, a friend of mine is having the exact same problem and he did contact the support (in Sweden, where we both live) - who couldn't help, thank you very much for nothing!

The weird thing is, as long as I'm connected to the net, no problem. I'm not asked to authorize or anything, it works just as if it alreday is.

It worked fine with v 1.1.9 and I actually have saved my license key for that version, so possibly, I could get that version to authorize. Unfortunately I haven't saved the actual v 1.1.9 file so if any of you folks happen to have it and are willing to share it, please PM me! I can't imagine this would be a breach of the license agreement - I'm not asking for a cracked version or anything and would still have to pass the authorization process. (I do have the version from the original CD but that's a really early version and quite a lot was changed in later updates.)

Thanks
/Jonas
MonoPolyMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zerocrossing wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem and I'm livid. I can put the same key number in and get two different responses from the software. If I'm connected it says, "Thanks for registering!" If I'm not it says, "Key invalid" or something like that. Quite obviously it's connecting to a Korg server somewhere checking to see what I'm up to EVERY time I launch my LEGAL software. I'm livid. You know who isn't having this problem and using the KLC-1? The person who's using the cracked version. I'll say it 100 times: Draconian piracy protection like this ONLY makes it a pain in the ass for PAYING CUSTOMERS. To the person who said, "send a message to Korg support..." I can't even find a link for that it's buried so deep.

Found it pretty quickly in a Google search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=JiQ&q=korg+support+contact&btnG=Search) :

http://korg.com/service/contactus.asp

It has information for US customers as well as a link for customers from other countries to find their local distributor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: