Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ETHNIC+WORLD SOUNDS +KARMA FOR THE OASYS--ENTER & SIGHN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericlevinson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: ETHNIC+WORLD SOUNDS +KARMA FOR THE OASYS--ENTER & SIGHN Reply with quote

HIIIIII PEOPLE FROM THE OASYS PLANET Laughing

AT THE LINK BELOW,MR. STEPHEN KAY(FROM KARMA LABS) AND MYSELF TALKED ABOUT ETHNIC+WORLD EXPANTION+KARMA ON THE "O"...
PLEASE ENTER THIS LINK AND "MAKE SOME NOISE" PEOPLE-MAYBE WE ALL CAN EARN A GOOD AND UNIQUE EXPANTION!!!!IT WILL TAKE ONLY A MINUTE OR TWO OF YOUR TIME.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL-

ERIC LEVINSON.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=32dd5552b51fae69cd5c534a3f967514&postid=68275#post68275

Last edited by ericlevinson on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MR. STEPHEN KAY(FROM KARMA LABS) WANTS TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE THAT WANT ETHNIC+WORLD EXPANTION+KARMA ON THE "O"

Smile Nowhere did he say anything like that.
You asked a question, and I gave you the answer you where seeking. If you wish to explore other possibility then you only need to explore the likes of the AKAI CD I mentioned, or look for others of that kind.

If you need advice on AKAI libraries I'm your man. I've purchased a silly amount in my time and I'd easily have the largest collection of any member on the forum.

Regards.
Sharp.
ericlevinson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: WHAT R THE BEST CD ROMS FOR... Reply with quote

Hi Sharp
But i have the feeling that if a lot of us will ask---they will do it at last...!!?? Rolling Eyes
We have a lot of strings sounds,e. pianos,hammond organs,analogs etc...I think we need an expantion that not exist on the "o"...don't you think???something exiting...
Anyway,
the world wind sounds is cool(ILIO),as well as the ethno(MOTU),but whitch is the best vocal cd roms??? as well as ethno,as well as dance,hip hop etc...???
I mean:who r your number ones(+links if possible...)
ERIC.

Last edited by ericlevinson on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, regardless of what you or the rest of us want, the point Sharp is trying to make is that you shouldn't put words into others' mouths, especially not senior developers such as Stephen Kay. He really did not say what you claim. If I were you, I would ask the moderators here to allow you to edit your post or to delete it.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
ericlevinson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: JUST FIXED IT... Reply with quote

ERIC,
I JUST FIXED IT...
BUT IT WILL B NICE IF SOME OF YOU WILL MAKE A POST TOO TO THIS SUBJECT...
ANYWAY-I'M SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,NOT ALWAYS I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING...,AND THANKS FOR CORRECTING ME... OOOPS... Embarassed
ERIC LEVINSON.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp -

I never thought of trying to load AKAI format libraries into the OASYS. Are you seriously saying that AKAI libraries actually load well, with program parameters, into OASYS; and that therefore there is a vast library collection of sounds available to us that probably most of us never consider?

If this is the case then its absolutely wonderful news.

Staying with the theme and taking you up on your offer - would you care to recommend some excellent and/or cost effective AKAI format sample CDs / libraries that cover ethnic instruments. Actually in general I'm particularly interested in:

- Ethnic wind instruments including Armenian Duduk
- Orchestral percussion, especially Timpani, Orchestral Bass and Gongs of various sizes.
- Excellent but cost effective samples of vintage synthesizers and especially String Machines

Any other of your favourites you'd care to recommend would be very welcome; and if you felt inclined, a fairly exhaustive list placed in the sticky Oasys resources list would be very welcome!!

(Sorry - I always seem to be asking you and the other moderators to update sticky posts!!) Smile

Cheers,
Kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: