Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVE FILE conversion for studio time???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbailey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: WAVE FILE conversion for studio time??? Reply with quote

I've got 8 or 9 songs ready to go to the studio for mix/mastering. I've done everything in sequence mode and have everything sequenced in the cue list. I've done all of my vocals on a digital 12 track which I use to control my Korg during playback. Here is my dilemma---- the studio engineer wants me to try to convert each individual track of each song from the beginning of the song to the end to a wave file then save each track to CD so it can all be dumped to Pro Tools in the studio rather than playing through each track of each song two at a time (pan left and right) which could take 4 or 5 hours considering I use almost every available track on each song. So anyway...I've read the manual but I don't see how this process is possible. Assuming it is how do I do this?
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you need to solo each track and sample it to disk or, you need to mute all tracks except for the track you want to record and record it to disk. Make sure to give each sample that you record to disk a distintive name like "kick01, snare01, hihat01, cymbal01, cymbal02, flute01, etc.

Then you should be able to record the tracks to cd as they will be in .wav format. You might want to ask him if he wants you to take off all the effects as these effects might cause problems during mixdown. I would also suggest, after you have sampled each sound - record the entire song with all the effects as a sample so he has an idea of what your song should sound like with effects.
KorgSinceTheM1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WAVE FILE conversion for studio time??? Reply with quote

jbailey wrote:
I've got 8 or 9 songs ready to go to the studio for mix/mastering. I've done everything in sequence mode and have everything sequenced in the cue list. I've done all of my vocals on a digital 12 track which I use to control my Korg during playback. Here is my dilemma----

Which 12 track do you have at the moment? Depending which one it is, and if it already has a CD burner built in, you can do the separation into that unit and then taking your files to the engineer. Also as another tip, try to use the separate outputs. You have 6! I used to track my songs either as 3 stereo tracks or 6 mono tracks into my ancient VS880 recorder.

Or even better yet, dive into the computer realm of recording (ProTools, Cubase, Sonar etc..) with a multi input audio interface.

Hope this helps.
RVNOak
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the 12track would be the best option. I was trying to keep it simple so he didn't have to work with recording levels and possibly damage any semblance of headroom that the mixing engineer might need.

I would agree though, an outboard interface like presonus, digidesign, mackie, etc. into a program like cubase or pro tools would be the best bet. You just have to learn the basics of the software and recording levels.
JCROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: WAVE FILE conversion for studio time??? Reply with quote

jbailey wrote:
I've got 8 or 9 songs ready to go to the studio for mix/mastering. I've done everything in sequence mode and have everything sequenced in the cue list. I've done all of my vocals on a digital 12 track which I use to control my Korg during playback. Here is my dilemma---- the studio engineer wants me to try to convert each individual track of each song from the beginning of the song to the end to a wave file then save each track to CD so it can all be dumped to Pro Tools in the studio rather than playing through each track of each song two at a time (pan left and right) which could take 4 or 5 hours considering I use almost every available track on each song. So anyway...I've read the manual but I don't see how this process is possible. Assuming it is how do I do this?

Just to be absolutely sure thing are going smoothly; I record every track solo and save it accordingly.
Hell of a job, consuming huge amount of time, but the safest bet IMO
(and of course the risk that you are going to hate your song for a while
Mr. Green )
phaceless

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you used the cues list so i assumed some of the tracks may be the same like drums and if you use the the pattern u may save time sampling ea track in one pattern. so if you can play ur whole song by pressing mute and solo in one seq then all you need to do is sample each track from that 4/8 or 16 bar loop which ever you use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: