Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ableton and ESX-1 AGAIN!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ludwig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Ableton and ESX-1 AGAIN!! Reply with quote

Hello music people,

I have been reading this forum for some time now and learned a lot ql ways of how to use the electribe. But I dont now how to get this to work..

I would like to make a beat on the electribe and have it synced with ableton that i can play my basslines and instrumnets in Live and that it also records the whole thing in Live(the electribe and the instruments).

I tried recording the output of esyx to the computer and then importing it as a audio track but that is not it.

So is it possible and if it is how da hell is it done?

hope I"m not asking for too much Cool

keep the music going
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you want to first of all send your electribe's midi clock to ableton to sync up. Then you want electribe's audio to be going into your sound card.

You want to set up your midi settings in ableton for the midi interface your electribe is going into to so that it reads the sync. Then you want to hit the EXT button next to the BPM display.

Make a new audio track in ableton and set it to input the soudns from the electribe. Arm the track(press the record button at the bottom of the track) and now you should be able to record esx. Now just hit the record button at the top of ableton and fire away it will record everything.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
ludwig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx for the reply Very Happy Very helpful indeed
ludwig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried what you suggested but the most simple part doesnt work. When I connect the esx to the mic in of my soundcard(line in for some unknown reason doesnt work at all) it recognized the esx as headphones even if I select in the manual selection for it to be line in. In the tutorial for Recording audio or just routing audio in to a free audio track it says that the amount of input should be visible in the level meter if I understand it corectly.
I know I need a better sound card if I want to do any kind of serious audio production but for now I just want to now if I am doing something wrong or is it just that the shitty sound card is causing the problems?
I am using a Realtek AC`97 soundcard.

Thanks for the help Cool
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then it's your audio settings... double click the speaker icon on your windows task bar and go to options->preferences. Select the Recording option and press ok.

Make sure nothing is muted.

ludwig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx for the answer man, it wasn`t the audio settings it was just some weird bug. When I restarted my computer and connected it all again it worked O.K.
But I still haven`t figured out how to sync Live to korg`s midi clock. I`m still working on that one
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midi out from korg to the pc's midi in... go into live's preferences and make sure that the midi device has the input enabled for sync.

When that's done, there's a button next to the bpm counter that says EXT. Enable that and you're good to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: