Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use EMX with iMac Reason?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gibsonsg87

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: How to use EMX with iMac Reason? Reply with quote

Well, I am going to start writing and creating music with my newly discovered vocalist. The future plan consists of using his iMac which has Reason (amongst other programs) for writing songs, but can I still input my EMX into the mix by linking them? If so, this will allow me to sync my EMX along with pre-written stuff on the laptop and vice versa together? Honestly, I am known as a musician and not someone knowledgeable when it comes to computers (especially Macs) so any input will help instead of looking like a complete newbie when trying to hook things up. I am also wondering about how this setup will be re-created for live performances. Hopefully things will flow without much extra work other than clicking play as I will be playing guitar live as well behind a backing band. What would be the easiest/best setup?
shabudua

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, you'll probably want a usb-to-midi interface in order to sync the EMX to the iMac. You may also want some kind of audio interface in order to best record your EMX audio into the computer.

As far as how to proceed beyond that...well, the possibilities are practically limitless. What is easiest or best for you will depend on what workflow you prefer, and what software (besides Reason) you have available. The best person to turn to here would probably be your vocalist, since it sounds like he has some experience with computer music, and also he's familiar with the exact computer and particular software packages you'll be using--which makes a huge difference.

Don't worry too much about looking like a newbie. Unlike the EMX, every computer/hardware/software configuration is unique, and you can't possibly know right off exactly how to get his system to work with your EMX. Being as it's his computer, he's in an infinitely better position than you are to figure this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: