Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dimensions? and my 2 cents worth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TkWall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Dimensions? and my 2 cents worth Reply with quote

Checking the dimension of the 61 and 73, they are given as 7.5 inches deep. That can't be right. Would like to know the actual depth.

I've been thinking about selling my Extreme-88 so I can afford an M3. But have never fallen in love with it after about 30 trips to Guitar Center. And I'd hate to part with my blue menace. But, have been looking for an affordable 61 key synth action board to tier above my TEX for organ and synth feel-with some fresh great sounds. Nothing has really done it for me...until now.

The M50 is exactly what I've been looking for. Don't need sampling on it. The 8 insert effects with EQ on each timbre, chord pads, touch screen, EDS engine with pro sounds, DAW integration is exactly what I want.

Sampling option, Karma, expansion boards, aftertouch, yeah they'd all be nice, but it looks like Korg had a target price, and kept whittling things off until they hit it.

I like the looks 10X better than the M3. And 15 pounds!! Just hope it isn't built cheap. But I really like the idea of a great sounding board that's truly portable. I can move it around the house, maybe to the front porch, etc...and the giggers can walk around with it under one arm.

And best of all, the price is right. Count me in on this one.

Terry
luischardon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: dimensions Reply with quote

yea i also noticed that on their website and 7.5 inches is wrong. according to the owner's manual downloaded from korg's website (page 108) these are the correct values:

Dimensions
(W × D × H)
M50-61 1,027 × 297 × 104 (mm)/40.43" × 11.69" × 4.09"
M50-88 1,409 × 328 ×151 (mm)/55.47" × 12.91" × 5.94"

I'm also considering on buying the 61 keys version for performing live. I've owned a Triton Studio 88 since 2003 and that guy weights too much carry out. I'm keeping my TS, I'll use it to control the m50 on my studio(for the full 88 weighted keys) and take him out on gigs, at 15lbs its perfect!

You should consider keeping your Extreme too Wink
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: dimensions Reply with quote

luischardon wrote:
yea i also noticed that on their website and 7.5 inches is wrong. according to the owner's manual downloaded from korg's website (page 108) these are the correct values:

Dimensions
(W × D × H)
M50-61 1,027 × 297 × 104 (mm)/40.43" × 11.69" × 4.09"
M50-88 1,409 × 328 ×151 (mm)/55.47" × 12.91" × 5.94"

Fixed, and we notified Korg UK as well.

Embarassed
TkWall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks luischardon and Jerry for the clarification. Less than a foot deep...I like that size.

Luis...buying the M50 means I can keep my faithful Extreme. It's something I can afford, I can second tier it--11 1/2 inches means I can keep the keys close by. Was considering the MO6, but now Korg has 'em beat every which way.

Hoping Korg has the wrinkles ironed out of that new keybed factory and there aren't glitches like the first runs of the M3.

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: