Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficult Decisions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freslanta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Difficult Decisions Reply with quote

Hello all,
I'm getting ready to buy a digital keyboard. I already own an acoustic piano and a Hammond Organ. I have kids in the house, so I can't play the piano when someone's sleeping. This is often. I need an 88 key weighted keyboard I can plug into an amp and/or headphones during those quiet times. At a minimum I want good piano sound and feel, plus alot of accompaniment options and midi capabilities.
I was considering the Yamaha YPG 625 or 635, but then I figured it might be kind of limiting and since I'm investing in a digital keyboard, I might as well get something that has synth and recording capabilities plus more of the latest tech advances to get acquainted with. I'm looking in the $1500 or less range.
I've been considering the Korg TR-88 and every review I've read on it is very positive. My question is this:
Can anyone fill me in one the negative aspects of this keyboard? Do you have any other recommendations for my uses and price range?
Thanks!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
plus alot of accompaniment options

The TR-88 probably isn't the keyboard you want, it doesn't have those options. You need to look at things like the PA series arranger keyboards, such as the PA50, PA80, PA800 etc. That's not my area so I'll move this conversation into an area where the guys/gals that know about those boards reside.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freslanta via PM wrote:

It doesn't have which options?

"alot of accompaniment options"
Freslanta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Difficult Decisions Reply with quote

I appreciate the advice, But the PA-50, 80, 800 do not have 88 weighted keys.
What else might fit the bill?
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the PA588 has 88 keys and that is outside your quoted budget, its about $2500 IIRC.

Arrangers/autoaccompaniment really isn't my area, so I'll ask the good folks here to share their wisdom ...

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: