Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General questions on M50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: General questions on M50 Reply with quote

Well, currently I have a Alesis QS6.2. Decent sounds, but tricky to setup and no arpeggios, no sequencing without major hassles. A nightmare trying to mix programs and split the keyboard.. I'm just done with it...

$ is an issue, since I don't even play keys. SIMPLICITY is the MAIN concern (besides nice sounds).

My requirements:
AWESOME voices, Easy to setup, easy to use, reliable for live use. A nice clean signal would also be a HUGE plus!Wink

The main things I need to do.

1) Can I rout the click out one channel, and the sounds out another? Or better, rout the click out the headphones only?

2) Can I program an arpeggio to rock between two octaves only?

3) How difficult is it to make & save user arpeggios?

4) Can the arpeggiators save entire runs over say 1 or two measures?

5) If I put a sample on a SD card, can that be put into the M50 and used as a sample? (that is what I was told on how you get new samples into the M50)

6) Can the M50 figure out the tempo close enough when playing say 4 notes spread out over 2 measures? (If you can understand this question)

7) (To current owners of a M50)How happy are you with the unit so far? How highly do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!
Mike
PS: I just hope a nice set of keys aren't addicting,, like all my other band/recording gear!!?? I got lost in SX3 for like two months,,, do I have a problem?lol
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M50 allows you to zone the keyboard where you want arps to sound. You can use two arps simultaneously plus a drum track. Creating your own arps just takes a bit of reading (done with the graphic polyphonic arpeggiator editor)......and save when done.

From what I've read, the M50 has no sampling functions.....the SD card interface is just for data backup (programs, combinations, global data & sequences.)

Not sure about the click output.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: