Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triggering arpeggiator from within a Combi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Triggering arpeggiator from within a Combi Reply with quote

I would like to have a small range of notes at one end of the keyboard split to trigger an arpeggiator sound. If I copy the program with the arpeggiator into the Combi on an unused timbre, notes are "missing" from the arpeggio when they fall outside of the zone programmed for the timbre.

For example: I have the the arpeggiator program in the zone C-1 to E2. The normal sound is in F2 to G9. The arpeggio pattern when I play G1 from program mode is G1, G2, G3, G1, G2, G3, ...

When I play the G1 trigger note as part of the Combi, the arpeggio plays like G1, _, _, G1, _, _, where _ is a silent pause.

How do I limit the trigger range to the zone specified in the Combi, but let the Arp play over whatever range it is programmed to use?
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Triggering arpeggiator from within a Combi Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:

How do I limit the trigger range to the zone specified in the Combi,

Edit-Zone/Ctrl

Quote:
but let the Arp play over whatever range it is programmed to use?

Edit-Arpeggiator, Scan Zone.

If you've copied an arpeggio and changed the trigger range (Edit-Zone/Ctrl),
the arp. will still need to use it original Scan Zone, for the arp. to play back correctly.

So basically, you should check the Scan Zone to insure you have the the same range
of notes specified.
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scan Zone is only in the program settings, not for the Combi. The programs in the rest of the timbre's are "standard" programs from the main banks.
Do I have to copy all the programs and make a special version of them with modified scan zones, then re-link them to the combi, all for this one combi just to use the arpeggiator? Yuck
Synastikki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you will have to do that... unluckily there's no tone adjust in the triton series so you have to always modify programs when you want to do bigger changes in combi...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: