Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 have Patch Remain?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
playsthe88s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: M50 have Patch Remain? Reply with quote

I probably know the answer (no?), but thought I'd ask anyway. Seems to me that going from patch to patch smoothly is essential for live gigs.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question isn't very clear..?? Do you mean have like a default setup?

Studioman
playsthe88s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

A “patch remain” function allows you to transition from one patch into another completely smoothly, absolutely without any interruptions, silence or "bumps" in the sound. The Fantom-G and new Kurz have this feature.
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it on mine on both programs & combi-s, both worked flawless. I even tried to hold down a chord, make the patch (Called Program or Combi on the M50) change, then hit the next chord, worked perfectly in both modes.

Now I'm VERY confident if you try it in sequence mode, obviously that will cause a quick issue, so I didn't even try it.

One thing, if you have a drum track attached to either a combi or program, there is a wierdness/what it should do changing over on the beats, but I'm fairly confident that will not be a concern for live if you have a drummer.

The M50 is ideal for live work, which is why I got one (I don't even really play keys in any band). The other night, we used it instead of an MP3 (MP3, one track is the click, the other is the key/effects).

I hope this helps you!

StudioMan
StudioMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also may be a better method.

http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-m3:switching-sounds-on-off-in-a-combi
Jugo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question on changing patches.. Lets say I'm playing in split, half of the keyboard with one sound, and the other with another sound, and I want to quickly change the sound of the upper (or lower) part of the keyboard, is it possible to do this quickly with 1 or 2 pushes of a button ?
StudioMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jugo wrote:
I have a question on changing patches.. Lets say I'm playing in split, half of the keyboard with one sound, and the other with another sound, and I want to quickly change the sound of the upper (or lower) part of the keyboard, is it possible to do this quickly with 1 or 2 pushes of a button ?

Yes! A couple of options I can think of,,, and I don't know crap about it yet!

Mike
Jugo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the stupid questions but lets say If I'm playing a Piano grand sound with reverb or something like that and then I want to quickly change into a split with two different sounds on the keyboard and then do what I posted earlier.. are these operations possible with 1 or 2 pushes of a button ? because If I'm playing live and I need to quickly change sounds this matters to me Rolling Eyes
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jugo wrote:
sorry for the stupid questions but lets say If I'm playing a Piano grand sound with reverb or something like that and then I want to quickly change into a split with two different sounds on the keyboard and then do what I posted earlier.. are these operations possible with 1 or 2 pushes of a button ? because If I'm playing live and I need to quickly change sounds this matters to me Rolling Eyes

You could do it with a pedal as long as you arrange your sounds sequentially in a bank. I don't have an M50, but the M3 needed some time to switch and would cut off the first sound (changes aren't seamless). I imagine the M50 is about the same since it's the same engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: