Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone here tried M-Audio Minimonsta?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Anyone here tried M-Audio Minimonsta? Reply with quote

Anyone here tried M-Audio Minimonsta?

What do you think of the sounds and patches compared to legacy collection-the analogue edition in particular?

Does the demo version of Minimonsta come with all the sounds the Full version has?

Does it work with a dongle?

I am thinking og getting the Minimonsta or the Korg Legacy -Analogue edition for Christmas
What do you think?
dronestate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello-

I have both the Minimonsta and all the Korg Collections. For the money, you are better off going with the Analog Collection.

Minimonsta sounds great; as does the Mono/Poly, MS-20, and the PolySix; but you get more bang for your buck with Korg.

However, you do not need a dongle for the Minimonsta. As far as the demo version of Minimonsta, I do not know its limitations.

Do try before you buy though.
faun2500

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have both Korg legacy analog and minimosta.

The minimonsta is a phatt, deep synth and is different to the korg sound. I use minimonsta and the ms20/mono poly and poly six all the time.

I wouldn't like to chose one but with korg you get 3 synths and some xf too.
You need to try them all tho as they are all worth getting!

Smile
mjammer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on the demo version I see a pop message saying that after 18 hours of play there will be a distgusting noise but nothing was mentioned of limited sounds or patches.

However, I don't think I see all the sounds and patches (around 6000 factory patches which was advertised on the lable of the boxed version.
The sounds seem really Phatt or warm but they all seem to sound alike.
I think they are suitable for synth bass.
This is based on my experience with the demo version.
violetice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,i just got the Imposcar to use with the Korg Analog Edition.That fits well.I am also thinking about Minimonsta.The demo at Arturia might help u as it has more lead chord sounds.I think the Imopscar might fit better into this mix.

Cheers careyj
Troy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to hijack a thread...and I don't get any money for saying this, but check out u-he Zebra 2. For my ears, it can do all the tasty analog sounds and a whole lot more.
SARcazm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you've decided or not but I heppened to win the MM a couple of weeks ago, and, despite not previously really being a big fan of the Moog sound in general, it is a very powerful and useable synth especially with the Melohman aspect.

Note that all the presets ARE included with the demo, and the 6k claim is because each preset has 12 possible variations when using the Melohman (acutally it is more like infinite as you can stop morphs between preset variations).

I also have the Korg Legacy (dongle free version) which I also highly recommend.
mjammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: A dongle Free version? Reply with quote

I did not know that korg as a dongle free version of the legacy collection.
Is it the Anolog or Digital version? You said you highly recommend, where can buy this version?I hope it is a genuine Korg.

I like only or mostly the synth bass that come with minimonsta - I think that they really sting, even though I come it with a few of those bass in the M1 from the Korg legacy digital edition.
Mad Jack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original legacy collection was dongle-free. It included the MS-20, PolySix, Cell(MS-20+PolySix+fx combo thingy), Wavestation(although it lacks the extra waveforms and resonant filter of the latest digital edition version), MDE FX and an MS-20 controller surface (basically an 84% scale, mini-key MS-20 for controlling the software MS-20).

I bought one when it came out in 2004 (I think it was) for around £350. A friend of mine managed to pick one up for about £150 a year or so later! Not sure if you can still find any at retail, but I've seen the controllers go for silly money on ebay before. Beware of anyone selling the whole package second-hand though as the software licence is non-transferable as far as I know (the controllers should work fine for anyone that already has the MS-20 software though).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: